“Great sushi rolls”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2015

My wife and I recently attended a customer appreciation night at Gregory Infiniti In Libertyville. At this event there were several local restaurants offering food. One of these restaurants was Hanakawa Japanese Steak & Sushi. I tried a few of their of sushi rolls and they were all very good. The employees were nice and cheerful.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Our family loves the food from this restaurant! We prefer to eat at the individual tables upstairs over the hibachi tables on the lower floor but regardless of your seating preference, the food is very good! We have tried numerous dishes but especially like their sushi, chicken teriyaki and fried rice. The service staff is friendly and impressive, often remembering our favorite dishes though they may not have seen us for half a year! The meals are on the moderately expensive side but a real treat and worth the money.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Hard to believe this place is only 31 out of 78... Had the filet mignon teriyaki, and it was superb. The fried rice was the best I have ever had anywhere. My hubby's garlic shrimp with calamari combo was excellent also. Just visiting over Labor Day, but I guarantee we will be returning next time we are in the area. Very entertaining also.,a double thumbs up!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

So am on a holiday road trip driven up from NY, have done steak , pizza, burgers, and Mexican, oh for a change, and there it was more beef but with a Japanese twist ably managed by a Korean family, and cooked by flamboyant Mexican called Ninosan. All this, is not that relevant, as the food is good and served in a 'Benihana' Teppanyaki style at reasonable price, and you leave smiling.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had a birthday celebration for my 5 year old granddaughter here. The chef was great and treated her like royalty as he prepared dinner in front of us. Everyone working at the restaurant took excellent care of us and the dinner was excellent. You can't ask for much more.

If you'd like a "Benihana" type experience, except from a family owned restaurant where they seem to care about each customer, I think you'll like Hanakawa

1  Thank Alan R