“Great food, great service, good price”

Hanakawa Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #35 of 103 Restaurants in Libertyville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I went here with my wife, son, and daughter-in-law. We all had the hibachi supper. I had the steak, my wife and daughter-in-law had the chicken hibachi, and my son had the calamari hibachi. All were great, we shared and swapped with each other to try the different meats. I was especially impressed with the calamari. Our hibachi chef put on quite the show, and the service was excellent. Very friendly and professional staff. The absolute best Japanese restaurant I have ever eaten at. The prices were also very, very reasonable for the quality of food. I would eat there once a week if it wasn't 700 miles from where I live. In short, I can't say enough good about this restaurant.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank S. P

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Favorite place of all time for hibatchi style food. Yum yum sauce is the secret. I hope it never closes.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank rick a
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Seated upstairs and friendly wait staff. I had the Makimono Sushi dinner,very good and large portion.
We also had the shrimp/vegetable tempura,very good. Each dinner $15,excellent value and we'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Tommygunt
Reviewed 22 July 2016

Great price with great service and great food. Try their yum yum sauce - it's addictive and really enhances the flavor of the food. Or, go in for lunch because the prices are cheaper (I regret not doing this more often).

The service is consistently top notch and it's my favorite place to eat in Libertyville.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 12 November 2015

It's been a while since we've eaten there -- but we really like the owners -- they are good people, they work so hard to maintain the quality of the food and the service. I find that the prices are a bit high, and we don't always like to share a table with strangers, but every time we've we've eaten there, the food has been good. We enjoy the cooks -- who cook the food right at the table. When we are the only people at the table, we'll request that he "spare" us the "show" of the fire and smoke spewing onion rings, etc -- just cook the food and we'll enjoy it.

Date of visit: May 2015