“El Mazatlan”

El mazatlan mexican restaurant
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 4 December 2014

This new Mexican restaurant in Lincoln Illinois is located just a block behind the Super 8 Motel in Lincoln, Illinois. It was recommended to me by a friend. I like Mexican food and so I went for lunch in October, 2014. I was seated immediately and presented with warm chips and salsa. The salsa was slightly spicy and the chips were fresh and warm. The waiter and greeters were all genuinely friendly and the restaurant was well designed with a beautiful bar and separate seating area for diners. The lighting was subdued and was calming.

I was given great attention by my waiter and he served my drink right away. I had no longer taken a sip or two and my lunch of enchaladas, topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream arrived with a generous and warm side of mildly seasoned rice and beans. Suffice it to say the meal was wonderful. At the time of this writing it is now December and I have had the opportunity to return about 8 or 9 times for dinner and lunch. Lunch specials are about $6.50 for the meal I have mentioned and the menu has a lot more to offer, Some with wonderful ingredients of a wide variety. Dinner is priced slightly higher with specialty dishes running over $10, but well worth it.

In the many times I have been going to El Mazatlan now, I have been warmly greeted with a friendly,"Welcome back, Amigo." from one of the managers there. I am delighted to have El Mazatlan in Lincoln when I am in need of some fine Mexican food. It is now my favorite place to eat in town. I have never had a bad meal, I have had very attentive waiters, every time. I find the decor to be restful and the restaurant to be clean, and the food fresh and delicious and fairly priced. El Mazatlan has all of their priorities in order, and ready to serve a satisfying meal to all who make the wise choice to eat there.

Date of visit: October 2014
2  Thank Steve H

Reviewed 4 December 2014

My wife and i stopped here for supper. Waiter was very friendly and helpful. The chips and salsa brought to each table are amazing. When our food was brought to the table everything looked good the presentation was great. We both loved what we had ordered in was great. Great Margaritas too. We will diffenetly be back.

Date of visit: November 2014
2  Thank ice1955
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped in for the first time and so glad we did! The food was fantastic, the staff was great and the atmosphere was wonderful! Definitely be going back!

3  Thank Leslie J