“Great Selection Eggs and More”
Review of Morningside Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Morningside Cafe
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Lisle
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I never go to a restaurant for breakfast. I was stuck in traffic jam driving to O'Hare Airport to pick up daughter at end of her Alaskan adventure and since she had been on airplane all night and I had barely had time for coffee before leaving this was the perfect stop for us. My daughter knew the restaurant, and this was my first visit. The decor is dated but don't let that stop you. I had a wonderful frittata with spinach, broccoli, mushrooms that comes with hashbrowns and choice of pancakes or french toast. Coffee is offered when seated and refills keep coming. My daughter chose from the "Coop" list of eggs your way that included bacon and hashbrowns and enormous fluffy pancakes. You can go with fruit plate or many other options to cut calories. Honestly, their menu is really full of options. Breakfast/brunch or lunch...closes at 3 pm.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Great food, reasonably priced, family run. Lots of variety on the menu, big portions, very good quality and excellent flavor. A gem.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Basic Diner
Nothing out of the ordinary,
Average all the was around
Clean, good service and average breakfast/lunch place

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I had a breakfast "date" with my Mom here. She picked the place and we gave it a whirl.

Nice place. Nothing spectacular but the staff was exceedingly friendly which was nice. Everyone was polite and helpful and in a day when service is suspect at most places this separates them from many.

The food was good, but just good. Eggs, sausage and hash browns all hot and good.

Not a bad choice but now a difference maker.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Looking for a place for brunch and when we walked in, we were told we could order either lunch or breakfast. Ended up ordering one of the crepe specials which was unusual and very good and generous, and the vegetable potato benny (benedict) which was also very good and generous. We can pack it in but had to take doggy bags. Place is clean, endless coffee and inventive menu.