“The Brunch to End all Brunches”

Allgauer's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Lisle
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt. 53 or Naperville Road
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The selections are various and numerous and all, absolutely all, are excellent. It was a frenzy for the mind to select and for the taste buds to enjoy. I tried Schezuan Chicken and noodles, roast beef (they cut me the end piece - divine!), mac and cheese ( I raided the kids table), roasted potatoes, salads salads salads, guacamole, shrimp, sushi, crab legs....I could go on. Needless to say you should scan it all first and then select, and you may want to forego the breakfast staples altogether. I skipped the omelets although Im certain they were great too. The desserts were as varied and as tempting. It was an incredible feast.

1  Thank MK E

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Have eaten there several times. Food has always been excellent. Even the smaller portion sizes available were more than ample. Waiters are experienced and efficient. Generally much quieter than the 2018 norm at far too many restaurants. Normal conversation is actually possible!

1  Thank Camille E
Reviewed 24 May 2018

This high class restaurant is located in the Hilton hotel. The hostess was less than friendly. The wait staff was very friendly and were at our beckoning call, ready with champagne or any drink we wanted. The food is served in a buffet style. The food is excellent. There is a lot of different things to choose from.

1  Thank Beckie S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Hilton hotel in Lisle where Allgauers is located lost its liquor license five weeks ago. We specifically booked this hotel because of the restaurant and bar. Dinner was good, not exceptional, and we were counting on having wine with our meal. We would have booked elsewhere if we had known - there are plenty of hotels in the area. Also the restaurant kept all of its bright lights glaring throughout the dinner. It was as if we were in there for breakfast - extremely bright which negated any possible evening ambiance. The service was exceptional, so I'll give them that. Otherwise it was a very disappointing evening.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I have had several dinners here over the years, and generally the food and service is good. However, compared to other local restaurants, the service and tastiness is not equal to the price. The last time I was there with a family group, we had to send someone to the bar for drink refills. I expect better service for the expense of the menu items.

1  Thank patriciatQ6312HT