“A quality gem found in a Chicago suburb!”

Pinched Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #11 of 199 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Since moving to Chicago several years ago, the city has turned me into a "foodie" or "food snob". I am more likely to go out of my way for an excellent local spot than settle for a national chain restaurant. I recently found myself in Lombard, a Southwestern suburb of Chicago, and needed a place to eat. Assuming I would have to choose a chain restaurant, I start walking across the parking lot from the store I had just left. Saw this spot and thought I'd give it a try. I'm SO glad I did!

I'll admit, I entered the place 15 minutes before they closed so I expected stale meat and being told they were out of some items. Instead, the cashier was helping me select items, even allowing me to sample one of their sauces to see if it was too spicy for me. Together, we created a combination I was certain would taste good but surely sounded odd.

Impressed! The food was fantastic! I was pleasantly shocked that it tasted fresh as if it were earlier in the day, had been prepared to order and was just delicious.

The owner arrived at closing time, while I was bagging up the rest of my meal to take with me. She was kind, not rushing me out, and said these are her family recipes.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, quick Chicagoland-local style eatery while shopping the Oak Brook / Yorktown area, I recommend giving this place a try. You'll be pleased.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Great Mediterranean food. Easy menu selections. Fast service, in and out. Nice place to sit down as well. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We went to Pinched yesterday for the first time- had heard from friends how great it was! The pitas were fresh and delicious. I had the chicken kabob and my husband had the shawarma. My husband made the mistake of trying the spiciest sauce-don't get me wrong he loves spicy- but this was over the top! Just a warning if you go- ask for the sauce on the side!

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Hidden gem! Pinched is located next to Jimmy John's in Lombard, IL. We ordered the spicy round chips, chicken shawarma and falafel pita. Fresh ingredients spread in a home made pita. Falafels were delicious, unlike the frozen ones fried and served at restaurants. The chips were seasoned just right!
Simple ordering process as shown in the pictures. The hostess/owner shared another location in the city is opening soon. We look forward to returning with our children! Enjoy the healthy and fresh food and continue to support this local business.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Great selection and some unique dishes. Friendly staff and bright seating. You won't be wasting your money here!