Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Would definitely stay here again.
1st of all, although the purpose was not the city, we did take a day trip. This hotel is conveniently located a very short distance from a frequent train into Chicago which takes 40 minutes or so each way. If not familiar with the train ticketing process, the ticket window just east of the platform opens shortly before departure to avoid a small monetary penalty for boarding without a ticket. The hotel staff did quite well. The largest hurdle seemed to be keeping up with the breakfast demand. My skepticism over my sisters choice was rescinded when we found our reservation was a month later and alternate arrangements were quickly made within this very full hotel. The hotel was even clean. Great job staff. The rollaway was just fine under the circumstances...thank you very much 'little sister'. Most important during this stay was my realization of leaving my $100+ jacket in our room. I contacted Dahlia shortly after our departure and arranged to have it shipped to my home. It finally arrived and I found a set of my headphones in my pocket. The price of my headphones dwarfed the price of my jacket and the two together easily exceeded the price of the weekend stay at this hotel. THANK YOU DAHLIA (sincerely hopeful I got the name correct).

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BeenHereToo

Reviewed 26 July 2017

The service was great. Breakfast and parking being included was amazing, only a 22 mins drive from downtown Chicago, nearby several food restaurants and gas stations which made it that much more convenient.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

No complaints at all. Nice remodeled lobby. Great free breakfast. Very comfortable bed. The only thing that was uncomfortable was the chair in my room and the bathroom had horrible lighting. With that said, I'd stay in this hotel ever chance I get.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Good check-in experience with an upgrade to a suite as requested (as platinum elite member) earlier the day of check-in. The suite was larger and more updated than expected, with a "bump-out" of windows in the living room area. Requested a quiet area on the top floor, and our suite faced a forested area. Unexpectedly large closet area with a full-length mirror as the door. Clean and comfortable. Though this area of the hotel was very quiet, the A/C unit in the bedroom made a lot of noise every time it cycled on throughout the night. Loud enough to continually wake us up, even though my husband is a sound sleeper.
Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment as the waffle machine did not have non-stick spray to help get the waffles out after baking. The waffles were also raw on the inside and crispy/stuck to the waffle iron on the outside. Asked the attendant for the waffle spray and was told there was none. Otherwise, there was a wide variety of breakfast foods including hard boiled eggs, bagels, cold cereal, oatmeal, etc.
Would recommend extending weekday breakfast hours from 9:00 to 10:00 during summer vacation time. There were still people arriving at 8:55 a.m., and the food was being removed promptly at 9 a.m. We were there at 8:20 a.m., and got the last table to be able to sit to eat our breakfast.
Other than the noisy A/C unit, raw waffles, and crowded breakfast area (which sometimes can't be helped depending on when people arrive), the rest of our stay was good. Would definitely stay here again, perhaps have earplugs for the noisy A/C and don't try to make waffles.

Room Tip: rooms facing the forested area at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017

Stayed at this hotel because it was close to some sightseeing I wanted to do. The hotel is a little tricky to get into, as you can only turn in going east. Trust your map app when it says you're going to go past the place and do a U turn.

The hotel is modern and clean. The hot breakfast bar was kept stocked and fresh, even with heavy traffic on a Saturday morning. The whirlpool was small but immaculate, and the pool, while only 4 ft max depth, gives you a chance to exercise. Really enjoyed my stay here, and was delighted to find it was a Marriott category 2 hotel. A great place to spend some points for a budget stay in Chicago's western burbs.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
0.4 km away
6.7 km away
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Chicago Lombard
4.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Lombard? Share your experiences!