“Good, inexpensive, and gluten free”

Jeremiah's Kitchen - Original Fingers
Ranked #11 of 97 Restaurants in Marion
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We were on a road trip and wanted something other than chain fast food. This food was wonderful and the service was terrific, especially at this lower price point.

One word of warning from those who have never been to Marion: do NOT drink the tap water or anything made with tap water (like tea). It's really bad. Those from Marion may be used to it, but, to the rest of us, it's something to avoid.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I have rarely eaten at a gluten free restaurant where GF was their focus. In fact most eateries don't even offer a GF menu! But, in terms of All fast food restaurants where I have dined, this GF food stands out because it is their primary focus. And all of the food at Jeremiah's Kitchen either is made, or can be made, gluten free.

The menu includes either broiled or breaded chicken fingers and they also have breaded fish fingers. They had a vegan alternative (fruit and nut) which was breaded and baked or fried, and other fingers that I have forgotten about. They also have a limited Old Chicago Style menu with sandwiches that can be made GF or wheat based. Again, they had numerous other items along with specials and I am pretty sure anyone, GF or not, who wants fast food will be happy to eat there.

I must say that this is not your normal "fried food place." First of all, there was NO RED MEAT offered on their main menu. Secondly (and sadly,) ALL of the food we had was BE TTER THAN I could make at home without their recipes. When was the last time you had a Gluten Free, breaded or broiled chicken sandwich where the amazing tasting sandwich bun was doughy and did not fall apart? My husband (who is NOT GF) and I (GF) both agree that the sandwich buns were, without a doubt, the BEST BUNS we have EVER EATEN (and we are both over 50!)

My husband (again, NOT gluten free) had the GF broiled chicken fingers sandwich on the GF bun. I had a GF breaded and fried fish fingers sandwich (also with GF bun.) We both had our finger sandwiches with the side order of crispy brown (but NOT burned) fries (Yummy and not sure how they did that...)

Aside from the buns, the food tasted great and textures were unbelievable for GF foods. The inside of the restaurant was pretty much like any fast food place, with assorted tables (Formica Tops,) a self serve soda center with Coke products, linoleum floors and 2 restrooms. Staff was helpful, knowledgeable about their food ingredients, and friendly. We would definitely eat at Jeremiah's Kitchen again, and unfortunately, now when I return home to HI,I am going to be craving those buns and the breaded "fingers."

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

First, it is rare to find a place to eat when you can't have gluten. Second, bread options for gluten free people are limited and lacking taste. That's what makes this place so amazing. The gyro and gluten free pita bread was so amazing that I truly didn't think it was gluten free. Excellent taste and texture. The portion was huge and the meat was juicy and delicious. They have a baker near Chicago make their gluten free pitas special for them. I could eat there every single day. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

I started to give this nice little find a four because the napkins are small and I needed a lot of them but then I realized a delicious gyro should be dripping with tzatziki. Gyro and hand cut fries were amazing. Their GF battered fried fish and chicken fingers looked great and I have no doubt they too were delicious. I guess I'll be back before I leave town...

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Visited 5/9/17 after coming to Marion IL Target. Come to Marion about every 6 months living only an hour away. Never knew this place existed. TripAdvisor lead me to this place. The gluten free reviews peeked my attention. I eat healthy so I expected more healthy choices of food. I've never ate anything gluten free nor needed it but was something I was willing to try.

I ordered the Mediterranean salad. Ended up getting a grilled chicken fruit and nut salad for my daughter at home. Due to the distance, they prepared the dressing and meat separate so the lettuce would not get soggy during transportation.

I will try this place again if someone is with me and I'm in the area. I just didn't care for all the fried food selections. Pictures are attached

Been to Jeremiah's Kitchen - Original Fingers? Share your experiences!