“Good food - Strange vibe.”

McCook Bohemian American Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in McCook
Cuisines: Eastern European
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Generous portions of stick-to-the-ribs Bohemian staples, i. e. Roast Duck, Breaded Pork, etc. were well prepared. Service was friendly and efficient. My issue is the vibe. The entrance takes you through a very large bar area. The locals at the bar usually turn around on their stools to see who's coming in. I like bars and I like locals, just not sure if I like walking through them on my way to a family dinner. And the dining area itself reminded me of a school lunchroom. Too large for the amount of tables and pretty much devoid of any ambiance. Not planning a return visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I've been to many Bohemian/American restaurants and have to say that this one has the best roast duck around. Nothing like a cold Warsteiner beer and a roast duck dinner. The other food is good also, but the rye bread looks like store bought and not homemade.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Excellent ethnic dining. The dumplings are to die for....highly recommend. This is a family run establishment and the food shows that. It is like home made just for you. The desserts are great also...if you have room for dessert than is.

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Second visit while in Chicago area. The breaded pork tenderloin was hot and fresh and enough for two to share. The dumplings and cabbage were a great accompaniment! Amazing goulash soup to start and the Apple strudel finish left this girl happy and satisfied!

Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

We have never gone to this Bohemian restaurant before and we thought we would give it a try. It is hard to find a good Bohemian restaurant.

This is my second favorite Bohemian restaurant! The atmosphere isn't fancy. When you first enter the establishment, you enter the bar area. The dining area is behind the bar.

I had the best liver dumpling soup, outside of Germany there and I had the sausage platter. The food portions were huge and it didn't look like I even eat any of my food.

Look past the appearances and enjoy a fantastic, authentic Bohemian meal!