“Great fried chicken”

Add it.
Wagon Wheel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Mineral
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here multiple times throughout the past 10 years. I have had their burgers, specials and even breakfast there. All of it has been good. The best meal I had there is the fried chicken. Phenomenal! If there is one drawback is that it is not always the cleanest place, bit that can be expected since it is a bar as well.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The town of Mineral, Illinois has only one restaurant and it's The Wagon Wheel. My grilled cheese sandwich was the best I've had since I was a kid....the cheese was kind of runny and the bread tasted fresh and buttery. I had Hillybilly Fries too. I never heard of them before, but was glad I gave them a try. You should too! And, by the way, the service was attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Small mom and pop place on Rt. 6. Had fried fish and baked fish in our party. Busy place. Baked fish better than the fried fish which was a dry batter. We like a beer-batter. Ate at bar due to the place being busy. Service was friendly, not super quick, and place was clean. Definitely would try again. Hear their fried chicken is good. Just a laid back good place to eat,

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

I was there Saturday September 12, 2015 on a bike ride, stopped and ate a bacon cheeseburger and I must say, I eat a lot of Bacon cheeseburgers at different bars and the one I had here was very delicious, so good in fact I'm make a special trip back for another!!!! I highly recommend anyone passing through to stop and eat!!!

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 22 April 2015

How about an old fashion fried chicken dinner just off I-80 in western Illinois. The Wagon Wheel is a small, clean, nostalgic cafe/tavern sitting fifty odd feet off of Rt. 6 in tiny Mineral Illinois. Owners are local residents that seem to take a lot of pride in friendly service and excellent food. I recommend the 1/2 white chicken with a "wagon wheel" baked potato, $9.50, tough to beat. Oh, this is the sort of fried chicken that can be doggy bagged in the evening and eaten in the morning, it's that good.

2  Thank augustleroy