“Best French food in and out of Chicago- said a guy from France”
Review of Taste of Paris

Taste of Paris
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Mundelein
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2016

So I was getting my hair cut three weeks ago and the guy next to me was French. His hairdresser asked where he goes for French food and he said Taste of Paris in Mundelein. I googled it and it is close to the roller rink. The best French food around is by the roller rink!?! Since then I've been twice! We went for Mother's Day breakfast and the quiche was delicious (and only $5.95). We went back for dinner last weekend and enjoyed again. So affordable, great food that is authentic, and wonderful service (we've had Joey both times as our server). And should I even mention their bakery? You get the drift. Bon appetit.

1  Thank Ashley E

Reviewed 18 May 2016

This was our first time to Taste of Paris and we enjoyed our visit very much. The waitress was pleasant and our breakfast omelettes were just the right portions. The atmosphere is like a small country cafe. We will definitely go back next time we're in town.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

I happened to find this on a list of top eats in lake county trying to find new places to eat. Everyone raves about this place... WHY? Hidden in Mundelein is this little bistro that serves French cuisine. My husband and I walked into a made over diner that had a bakery and two rooms. We were seated by a waiter who was not overly friendly. We ordered the ham and cheese crepe and the chicken crepe. When our plates arrived it was a sore sight. Two mini crepes, summer veggies, a little rice and a piece of French bread the size of a quarter. My hubs and I immediately swapped one crepe of each others to try. The ham and cheese looked like a slice of deli ham and Swiss were rolled in a crepe and melted in the microwave. The chicken crepe as soon as you cut it open, had the aroma of canned chicken. The taste was equally distasteful. The veggies were sadly steamed. Some mushy, some still half frozen. The rice had the same appeal and taste as a knorr quick rice pilaf pack. My mama always told me if I couldn't say anything nice don't say it at all,so I will give it a positive comment, the cappuccino was excellent. Smooth and creamy. We also took home some croissants which I was informed are not baked there. SAMs club maybe? Not impressed.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

Chef Claude is wonderful, always super sweet with the kids. The pastries are excellent and when we get breakfast, it's hard to not get the Paris Special every time we go. Have also tried the strawberry waffles and banana nutella crepe. Both were excellent.

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

The service at A Taste of Paris is fast, and the waiters are extremely friendly and love to have conversations. Food is impeccable and delicious. Banana Nutella Crepes are phenomenal and well presented. It is also a great atmosphere for families and friends. It is very well run. The bakery section is amazing and everything from the cookies to the bread is homemade and delicious. I have gone several times, and every time is better than the last.