“Go!!!”
Review of Paris Bistro

Paris Bistro
Ranked #57 of 489 Restaurants in Naperville
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

So happy we tried this place! We had an amazing appetizer, dinner and dessert!! Service was wonderful!! I must say these crepes were better than the ones we had in France. New favorite local place!!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

My wife and I decided to try this little bistro on a Friday evening at about 6PM for our usual date night. It is located in a large strip mall that is near the intersection of Route 59 and 95th street in Naperville, near the Showplace theater. It is quite the unusual location for an establishment like this as it is surrounded by chain restaurants.
The restaurant was less than half full at the time but we observed a small stream of customers arriving during the time we were there. The first thing to notice is that the place is small with bistro type tables and chairs. Tables along the sides have comfy couches against the wall with chairs on the opposing side. It is decorated with ornate touches and had French music playing...both very nice. Generally I find bistro style restaurants to be uncomfortable because the typical small chairs and tables do not match my tall frame. But we asked to be seated at one the the tables with a couch and found it just fine.
Our server was "Daniel". He promptly introduced himself and gave us time to get settled .... no rushing; I liked that. Throughout the entire time we were there, Daniel provided excellent service. He was just friendly enough but not intrusive. He informed us of the specials, gave good recommendations and never hurried us. He would leave us alone at the right times but then instinctively appeared when we needed something. Bravo, Daniel.
We decided to order a bottle of wine and selected a French Pinot Noir. This wine was quite good and very reasonably priced. Since it was not from the Burgundy region of France it could not be called "Burgundy" so it simply was a Pinot Noir, which I'm sure is why the price was reasonable. So, we were pleased with this offering on the wine list as good quality but without the inflated price.
We each decided to get the special that was being offered for Restaurant Week. As my choice of entree I picked the Duck Au Vin.... truly excellent, tender with a sauce that was a wonderful creation... My wife had the beef filet with frittes. She was very pleased. We never saw the chef, but that is one talented person.
The dinners came with dessert so we splurged on a couple marvelous creations.
I dont give 5-star ratings easily but the food here was magnificent as was the service. And, the atmosphere was classy and right on target for a little French bistro.
We will be back.
Yes, Julia Child, author of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", would definitely have approved.
If this review was helpful please click the "helpful" or "thank" button.

3  Thank J D
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Nice surprise; although actually, it had been on our list for a while. After my wife and one of my sons went for brunch, my wife and I finally decided to go. Maybe I thought the pics made it look more like a pastry shop, but anyway we went and it was very enjoyable. Our eyes were probably a little too big for our eyes - couldn't pass up snails and french onion soup, so I thought I'd order something a little lighter so I ordered the farm stand crepes. It was a little too big for me - (always had crepes that were light; and I thought the veggies would make it lighter). Anyway, that's my only negative - by my taste the crepes would be lighter. Despite that, the menu looks great and we'll be back!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Despite the location in a strip mall by a movie theater Paris Bistro is worth going to. The interior has a French feel and the food is very good. Limited menu but what they have they prepare very well. Our party had 3 different entrees and enjoyed them all. Also a nice wine list and excellent service.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Franchises are everywhere in this area. Then we stumbled on this gem in the midst of mediocre eateries! What a breath of fresh air to have a place perfect for couples with exceptional and friendly service. The food was delightful and full of flavors with French cuisine made from scratch. We loved the French onion soup, escargot and the savory crepes. Servings were generous and while prices are higher, it's worth it to have something that didn't come from a boil-n-bag as with many of the nearby chain restaurants. We wish we had room to try one of their dessert crepes. Next time we will split a soup, entree and save room for one of their amazing desserts!