“Excellent ”

Add it.
Mediterranean Oasis Grocery & Carry Out
Ranked #113 of 467 Restaurants in Naperville
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Great kabobs and choice of ethnic groceries. Nice people. Family friendly. Meat selection especially lamb to die for.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

From the outside, this doesn't look like somewhere I would want to eat. In fact I lived blocks from the place for many years and never tried it. I walked in when it was relatively new, and the shelves were kinda barren and it looked like a front for a drug spot. But then I have heard friends say they love the food, so last week we tried again.

This time the shelves were not bare. They were fully stocked with lots of interesting items I was intrigued to check-out and buy. Plus the management was actively cleaning and re-stocking. It is a cool little grocery store. And the manager sought me out and offered me a beverage while I waited for my food. The manager was extremely welcoming and helpful in explaining things I had never seen before.

The guy behind the counter who took my food order was not overly friendly, but not rude. Probably tired and hot because it was a warm day and he is cooking back there. But more importantly, the food was very good. It came out quickly. (I think everything is cooked in big batches for the day.) I am not sure all the dishes are of the same ethnicity, but mediterranean in general. I think the stuffed grape leaves are Greek. I assume the shwarma is middle-eastern. I have no idea where baba ganouj is from... and biriyiani almost seems Pakistani. So I didn't learn a lot about what I was eating, but I can certainly say we enjoyed all of it. My wife and daughter enjoyed the chicken shwarma (playing it safe), and I enjoyed the baba ganouj and lamb biriyiani (bursting with flavor).

They have tables where you could sit and eat, but the ambiance is not appealing. Order-up and take it to go. And the portions are big. The shwarma was 2 meals for the women, and the biriyani (a lot of it is basmati rice but not short on meat) was 3 meals for me.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Off the beaten path in a small strip mall is the best food and grocery for middle eastern food. Very friendly and affordable.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Excellent prepared food, wonderful grocery, superb, friendly staff. You cannot go wrong with anything you buy here.

Reviewed 25 July 2015

Went to purchase food items,but to our surprise found a café to rival all others. The Middle Eastern menu was one of the best we have come across. You might have to wait twenty minutes for your dinner,gladly and wait longer for this delightful fair. We were lucky enough to come on the evening they were serving Mansef..Amazing!!