“Wow.”

Sullivan's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Sullivan's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 485 Restaurants in Naperville
Price range: US$45 - US$65
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Personally, I'm a prime rib kinda person and I tend to shy away from steaks, but no more! The cowboy ribeye changed my perspective on steaks. Delicious with the goat cheese topping!!! I suggest that you take a pass on the mashed potatoes and save room for the other tasty bits like the gnocchi (lobster or crab?). Our waiter was awesome. Yes, it's expensive but overall it's definitely worth it! Plus, it's in an absolutely great location for an after dinner stroll around Naperville.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

I had probably have dinner there for business reason and personal celebrations, I would say 50 times. The experience was worth the money. I no longer take my customer there, neither my family for Christmas or other events. The food and servers used to be amazing, not the service is poor, really poor. It is over rated. Not longer a special place.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

My wife and I came here on March 16 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We generally like Sullivan's restaurants because they provide a classy atmosphere without being stuffy and the food is quite good. This was no exception. We were seated promptly upon arriving and saw that our table was decorated in recognition of our anniversary with rose petals and a congratulatory note...nice touch. Throughout the evening, multiple staff stopped by for a few seconds to congratulate us; also very nice. Our server was Zach, who was just friendly enough and engaged us in pleasant conversation while providing good suggestions for menu items and wine. We each ordered a cocktail to start which were made well. My wife had the fixed price dinner which offered a salad, small filet and dessert. I opted for ala carte items of the dry-aged ny strip, potato and salad. They had a special offering of a couple wines which I had never tried before, so we ordered a bottle of one with dinner....very good selection. The steaks were cooked just right and all other items were prepared right as well. We each opted to get one of their special sauces on our steaks, I got the bourbon peppercorn sauce and my wife got the bearnaise sauce. We each thought the sauces were good but could have been a bit more robust in flavor; not bad by any means but they didnt provide the shot of flavor we were expecting. Since it was our anniversary we splurged on desserts which were both rich and flavorful, coffee was good too; flavorful and hot. Service was excellent with the one nit that our entrees were brought out immediately upon finishing our salads ...we would have preferred a bit of a wait but no real big problem.
We noticed that there was some remodeling done since our last visit. The look is classy but I didnt see any of the formerly prominent displays of memorabilia from John L Sullivan, the old bare-knuckler boxer. Kind of missed that.
There is very little dependable parking in the area so we used the valet service for $7 plus tip. Overall, an excellent experience.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me through TripAdvisor. If this review was helpful, please click the "helpful" or "thank" button.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Good steaks! the service was poor. I expected more.
I normally order ribeye/lobster. I was not happy with my order. I have had dates bring me here often & I have never been happy here. But all my friends are. Maybe i am picky!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

The food tasted great, service was great, but the price is not worth it. Can get just a good a meal and not spend $70 a person.

Been to Sullivan's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!