“Very busy popular restaurant - really good food”
Review of The Turf Room

The Turf Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Turf Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in North Aurora
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Randall Road
Description: The Turf Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I made dinner reservations here to celebrate daughter and son-in-law's anniversary. They live in the area and I was looking for a place with many beer choices for son-in-law and wine choices for hubby, The Turf Room had great reviews and met both of those criteria. We had OpenTable reservations and I entered a note that we were celebrating but no mention was made of that by server...but that's okay. He was attentive and food was great. A few of us were dieting so anniversary dessert was not contemplated anyway...but server was helpful making recommendations to meet dietary requirements. Food and drink were prompt and delicious. Two had the skirt steak, hubs had the Tuna and I had the bacon pork chop which was huge and shared it with everyone. It was very very good. This restaurant was packed! We were seating very quickly tho and did not have to wait for anything. They have a happy hour which we will likely go back to...dinner for 4 was about $300 with tip and a couple drinks.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

All of our friends rave about this place so we thought we would give it a try, but we still don't see what everyone sees in this place. The first time we went was ok, but what really stuck out was a carrot cake pancake for dessert. It was a terrible undercooked dessert.

We went again this past weekend, 3 adults. We didn't have reservations but were quickly sat at a table in the bar. It was very dark, with a few windows allowing very bright light. This made it very difficult to read the menu. I am the first one to admit that I am rather picky but I can usually find something to eat at most places. Almost every single thing on the menu had some unusual ingredients that you wouldn't think to put together. I ended up ordering the Margarita flatbread. It was tolerable but it had pesto not sauce. My fault, I probably didn't read the description well. My husband had my leftover the next day and thought it was the worst flatbread ever. My husband ordered the tortellini with chicken. He said it was ok but that goat cheese on it was unusual. My friend ordered a Bacon and Egg salad. The egg on the salad, which you would think would be hard boiled, was more like over easy and gooey. My friend ate it but wasn't feeling good the whole next day. Maybe the gooey egg? We will definitely not be returning her again.

2  Thank gina2dogmom
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to the Turf Room twice and both have been amazing! Easter Brunch had everything you could want- oysters, shrimp, bacon, omelets and waffles made to order. The ham from the carving station had an amazing smoky taste. We have already booked Father’s Day brunch! Can’t wait!

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has become our newly tucked away best-kept secret in the burbs as you can always depend on great food and service!! You can’t beat the quality of the food and the location without the hassles of driving downtown and paying exorbitant prices for parking!
They have without a doubt the worlds best Lobster Bisque for starters served from a silver pitcher and we always bring a quart home to have on hand!
Hats off to the management for keeping this place running at tip-top shape and excellence in customer service!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Relaxing dinner overlooking fireplace. Tasty food. Always great atmosphere. Great vine selection. Recommend for couples!

Date of visit: February 2018

Been to The Turf Room? Share your experiences!