“BEST pizza in Chicago”

Barnabys of Northbrook
Ranked #9 of 124 Restaurants in Northbrook
Reviewed 20 November 2015

I've tried most of the well known and top rated pizza restaurants in the Chicago area but none are as good as the Barnaby's in Northbrook. I am lucky to live close by and have been a loyal customer for the 30+ years since I moved to the area. Coming from Boston does give me a bias towards thin crust and no one makes a better thin crust pizza than Barnaby's. The sauce, crust, and toppings are all fresh and wonderful tasting. I would have to go back to the East Coast to find anything better.

Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

I've eaten at Barnaby's must of my life and it's definitely one of those pizzas where it's hard to stop. Thin and crispy, with the classic, crimped crust dusted with corn meal. Other than being a touch on the dark side, the restaurant is a casual and easy spot to enjoy pizza, but don't expect any discounts or coupons, I've never seen one. Dark wood booths, a few round tables, and overall plenty of seating. No wait staff, just order at the register, get your drinks from the bartender and wait for your food number to be called. They've had Ritz crackers with some cheddar-like cheese spread as a free snack as far back as I can remember. A nice touch if you arrive there famished! Carry out readily available too.

1  Thank familygalChicagoIL
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Never disappoints, great old school pizza joint. Once you step inside Barnaby's you can't tell if it is 1975 or 2015. We need places like this. Great family restaurant.

Reviewed 5 October 2015 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant with my family since I was a little kid (almost 25 years). Not only is the pizza great but the spaghetti sauce is out of this world!!! It's a Friday night staple in my family!

Reviewed 3 October 2015

Barnaby's is a must stop in the North Chicagoland area. The pizza is paper thin with crispy crust. The sauce is oh so yummy and their sandwiches as well as appetizers like potato skins and mozzarella sticks are the best I have ever had! We love the old feel to the joint as well as the nice service. We love, love, love Barnaby's and area jealous to those who go there more often than we.

Been to Barnabys of Northbrook? Share your experiences!