“Family event !”

Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 130 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waukgen & Lake Cook Rd
Description: From the moment you enter Pavilion until the moment you leave, your senses are indulged. Pavilion's elegant decor features natural stone, signature cuisine: a fusion of flavors inspired by modern interpretations of French, Eastern European and American favorites. With an original array of superbly prepared fare Pavilion appeals to a broad spectrum of discriminated palettes. Our elegant and sophisticated bar offers a fine selection of international wines, beer, cocktails and specialty drinks. Ideally located in the heart of Chicago's North Shore, whether you're enjoying a business lunch or dinner with friends and family at Pavilion Restaurant you're assured the utmost in food, service and ambiance, as well as a unique fine dining experience.
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Everything was excelent !! The service,the people,all great !!!
The food was amazing !!
Employees were very professionals !
This is the place where we want to come again !

Date of visit: November 2016
Management response:Responded 24 November 2016

Hey Viorica! Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure working with you! Come back anytime! Remember we serve lunch and dinner so don't be strangers! ;) Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The one star is for the owner/manager's appalling behavior. I was guest at an event here and I was enjoying myself until I was approached by the owner of the place, a very disrespectful and rude lady. It was a fairly large event, with about 80 adults and 20 children. The restaurant has a cocktail room with a few tall tables and couches - it's an open space. The kids were playing and running around in that space and they were not bothering everyone. My 8 year old daughter came up to me very upset because a lady called her and her friends "animals". One minute later a blonde lady approached me and asked me if any of the children there were mine. She then proceeded to tell me how misbehaved the children were. I asked her if she called them animals, she said yes, so I nicely told her that it is not acceptable for her to talk to children that way. I explained to her that they are kids and they are having fun. These were children under 10, doing what children do when they play with their friends. She then said to me " you don't understand, children need to be trained at home". She continued telling me how, as a child, she never was taken to any parties by her family, because children are not supposed to be around adults who drink and smoke and have fun. Children are supposed to be at home. She also stressed out that she has put a lot of money in the place, not to see kids running around and play with the drapes and other things, possibly damaging the place? I tried to reason with her, but she then said to me "when I was young, my parents were intelligent enough to hire a babysitter when they had to go to a party". So basically she called the guests' children animals, told me I did not "train" my kids at home and that I was not intelligent enough to hire a babysitter. When I called her out on her terrible manner of speech and lack of professionalism, she gave me a fake smile and told me to go have fun. I did have fun there, before she approached me. The staff was nice, the food was good, the place looked pleasant, but I did not go there to be insulted and disrespected. If she treats guests this way, she doesn't deserve their business. Note to the owner/manager, here is the right, professional way to approach this matter: you speak with person who reserved the place and told them if guests' children are doing something they should not do (not that you would know, since you use words as "animals" and "trained"). That person can then speak with the children's' parents, who would then resolve the situation. Please refrain from insulting guests.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The Pavillion Restaurant in Northbrook was under renovation when we visited. The restaurant was temporarily located in the "lobby" area of the event hall. It was during the middle of the week so the restaurant was quiet. We were the only ones eating there for most of the dinner.

We order a variety of appetizers and entries. Each one was delicious. We ordered too much food as the entry size was actually bigger than what was shown on the website. It was a bit pricey but still reasonably priced. Our server was good and overall a good experience.

Date of visit: June 2016
Management response:Responded 18 August 2017

Thank you! We know it's been a while since you left this wonderful review but we want you to know we appreciate it and are so pleased you enjoyed your meal and experience at Pavilion Restaurant in Northbrook. Construction is done and the room came out beautifully! Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

This place is exceptional. A true gem. Came here because of a Groupon and so gald I did. The food is to die for each bite is like a flavorful rainbow in your mouth. It just explodes with flavor, texture. I definitely suggest the Tuna Tartare to start off with. The seafood Linguini , Filet Mignon for dinner were so fabulous. I loved there Sauvignon Blanc Oyster Bay. Service was great too Gee-Gee and Maria the manager just wonderful and beautiful will definitely be back. Thank You!

Date of visit: March 2016
Management response:Responded 18 August 2017

Thank you! We know it's been a while since you left this wonderful review but we want you to know we appreciate it and are so pleased you enjoyed your meal and experience at Pavilion Restaurant in Northbrook. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Tucked in a suburban mini-mall, the service is absolutely wonderful and personal. The dishes are inventive, with half the menu suggesting an eastern european flair. Those dishes are modified to emphasize lightness [yes, even the dumplings have paper thin walls], freshness, and delicate preparation of the food. The bread basket presents 4 different choices, all delicate and delicious. Usually order a loaf to take home. The chef is creative, but will precisely follow preparation instructions [like my salmon medium-rare; and the lamb is prepared like no other New Zealand lamb I have tasted]. Vegetables are exquisitely prepared. Appetizers abound, and you will be delighted at the presentation. The combination plate [especially Silesian dumplings] and the portabella are favorites. Great wine list at reasonable prices per glass and bottle. Usually don't have room for desserts, so no comment there. And all at a most reasonable price. And there is a selection of about 20 items on their lunch menu for $9.95! Downside: difficult to get in on weekends during the summer as the catering operation takes over the restaurant as well.

Date of visit: December 2015