“Great Lunch Specials!”

Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Pavilion Restaurant-Northbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 131 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waukgen & Lake Cook Rd
Description: From the moment you enter Pavilion until the moment you leave, your senses are indulged. Pavilion's elegant decor features natural stone, signature cuisine: a fusion of flavors inspired by modern interpretations of French, Eastern European and American favorites. With an original array of superbly prepared fare Pavilion appeals to a broad spectrum of discriminated palettes. Our elegant and sophisticated bar offers a fine selection of international wines, beer, cocktails and specialty drinks. Ideally located in the heart of Chicago's North Shore, whether you're enjoying a business lunch or dinner with friends and family at Pavilion Restaurant you're assured the utmost in food, service and ambiance, as well as a unique fine dining experience.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Pavilion offers a wide variety of delicious $9.95 lunch specials. In addition to soups, sandwiches and salads, there are hearty choices such as beef stew or chicken marsala, and portions are substantial. I love the soup and salad combination - their cream of mushroom soup is the best I've had anywhere. The atmosphere is quiet and sophisticated, but comfortable. The service is always excellent! Good spot for a business lunch. Only the desserts are disappointing, but not a deal breaker because the food is always delicious!

Management response:Responded 18 August 2017

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Join us for our rotating international menu specials as we feature specialty cuisine from Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus & more! View menus at www.PavilionChicago.com

See you back again soon! - Amy

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The setting was nice, and the food was excellent. Service matched the quality of the food. We will be returning.

Management response:Responded 18 August 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal and experience at Pavilion Restaurant in Northbrook. We welcome you back anytime! - Amy

Reviewed 23 November 2016

We had a family engagement party there this last weekend and we could not be happier with how it turned out! Amy, our event planner/manager, addressed all our concerns prior to the event, and was great throughout. The food was great, the staff was quick, friendly, efficient, and welcoming. I would have a party here again. Honestly, we didn't really know what to expect, but all our guests were so pleased and everyone had tons of fun. Thanks, Pavilion staff, and Amy! You made our day special!

Management response:Responded 24 November 2016

Thank you Cristina! It was such a pleasure working with you and your family! Thank you for the opportunity to make the day special for all of your family and friends. We welcome you all back anytime! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Everything was excelent !! The service,the people,all great !!!
The food was amazing !!
Employees were very professionals !
This is the place where we want to come again !

Management response:Responded 24 November 2016

Hey Viorica! Thank you! It was an absolute pleasure working with you! Come back anytime! Remember we serve lunch and dinner so don't be strangers! ;) Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The one star is for the owner/manager's appalling behavior. I was guest at an event here and I was enjoying myself until I was approached by the owner of the place, a very disrespectful and rude lady. It was a fairly large event, with about 80 adults and 20 children. The restaurant has a cocktail room with a few tall tables and couches - it's an open space. The kids were playing and running around in that space and they were not bothering everyone. My 8 year old daughter came up to me very upset because a lady called her and her friends "animals". One minute later a blonde lady approached me and asked me if any of the children there were mine. She then proceeded to tell me how misbehaved the children were. I asked her if she called them animals, she said yes, so I nicely told her that it is not acceptable for her to talk to children that way. I explained to her that they are kids and they are having fun. These were children under 10, doing what children do when they play with their friends. She then said to me " you don't understand, children need to be trained at home". She continued telling me how, as a child, she never was taken to any parties by her family, because children are not supposed to be around adults who drink and smoke and have fun. Children are supposed to be at home. She also stressed out that she has put a lot of money in the place, not to see kids running around and play with the drapes and other things, possibly damaging the place? I tried to reason with her, but she then said to me "when I was young, my parents were intelligent enough to hire a babysitter when they had to go to a party". So basically she called the guests' children animals, told me I did not "train" my kids at home and that I was not intelligent enough to hire a babysitter. When I called her out on her terrible manner of speech and lack of professionalism, she gave me a fake smile and told me to go have fun. I did have fun there, before she approached me. The staff was nice, the food was good, the place looked pleasant, but I did not go there to be insulted and disrespected. If she treats guests this way, she doesn't deserve their business. Note to the owner/manager, here is the right, professional way to approach this matter: you speak with person who reserved the place and told them if guests' children are doing something they should not do (not that you would know, since you use words as "animals" and "trained"). That person can then speak with the children's' parents, who would then resolve the situation. Please refrain from insulting guests.