“Some of BEST burnt ends I have ever had!!!”

Real Urban Barbecue
Ranked #15 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 4 May 2015

we are at Elmhurst Memorial for an issue with my mom----so on break from that, we stopped at Urban BBQ----sure glad we did. The most enthusiastic and friendly workers EVER!! Selection is very hard to make, and the food is simply AWESOME. Plenty to eat, and the burnt ends--YUMMY. I cafeteria style, you worl through line and get served food, then sit at table.

Reviewed 20 April 2015

Thought we would be getting smaller portions, but they were very generous with the meat portions. Mac and Cheese was very good. Would have had a shake, but no need... they had to roll us out! The

Reviewed 20 April 2015

This is not a sit down and get served restaurant. You go thru a
cafeteria style line, place your order, wait for your food, take it
on a tray to your table. The place is roomy and clean. You get
your own drinks and refills. There is a staff available on the floor
to address any of your needs. The food is good. Our party of 6 was there on an early Sunday afternoon. We had the pulled pork..good. We had the potato pancakes...OK...corn bake...real
good...soup..salty..Ends were good. Overall the place is fun and the food is good. Don't have any complaints...take it for what it is..the staff is a friendly helpful bunch of folk. Prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get...sides are cheap, so you can sample lots for little. Easy to get to...lots of parking.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I live in Las Vegas and have been looking for outstanding brisket wherever I travel. I found it at Real Urban Barbecue. Lean, tasty, an ideal combo with Texas links.

It's a casual setting with a varied menu. I understand there are three locations. This business has the potential to explode with growth. You can take places like Famous Dave's and file them under Yesterday's News. Real Urban Barbecue is where it's at.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

On my first trip to a BBQ place I always try the pulled pork sandwich as I feel it is a good barometer of their menu in general. The meat was excellent. Great smoke flavor. Where you place your order they had a "spicy" or "sweet" sauce to choose from. But there were several other selections in squirt bottles at the table. My personal favorite was the vinegary "Piedmont" sauce. The whole family loved it. I gotta say, most of the time these BBQ places focus on the BBQ only and the sides taste like a grade school cafeteria selection. Not here. The sides I tasted were the cornbread, mashed potatoes and gravy, and macaroni and cheese. All of these were doggone good! Other side dishes also looked really good, in particular the sweet potatoes and the slaw. The menu is so large it is a little daunting. Press on, you will not be disappointed. The bathrooms were freezing cold compared to the restaurant. That is all.

1  Thank BDAD68