“Wow! great sandwich.”

Hemmingway's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Hemmingway's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 146 Restaurants in Oak Park
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We kept it a Hemingway day as we stopped here after touring the Hemingway Birthplace house just a few blocks away. This is located across from the lobby to The Write Inn, which looks like a nice place to stay sometime. Server was attentive and knowledgeable. I ordered the ham, Gruyere and egg sandwich. I am going to say it was one of the best sandwiches that i have ever had at a restaurant. She had the Goat Cheese Quiche, looked tasty but mine was definitely better.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

OK, I probably would have given this place 4/5 if it wasn't for our fantastic server, Frank. The food from the Sunday brunch buffet was fantastic, but we ordered off the menu as well. For whatever reason, the food didn't come out in a timely manner. When we brought it to Frank's attention, he quickly made sure that order was next and offered to let those of us at the table grab something from the buffet because we were getting hungry. Additionally, there were members of our party that had food sensitivities. Frank didn't act put out by our requests and kindly made sure we could be accommodated.
In any case, it was a nice visit, good food, enjoyable live jazz, and excellent wait staff.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

This was our first time at Hemmingway's Bistro. Did not know how good it would be, but we really loved it and will be back again.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I was really looking forward to this meal and we were disappointed. The place has great atmosphere and great service. But we can not say the same about the food. I was with my son and we both had the lobster bisque. Tasted like roux and nothing else. I had the beef wellington which tasted like dough and not much else, plus overcooked. My son had a steak which was the only item which was actually good. I think I may be back for drinks as the place is really nice. But it will be a while before I venture for diner again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

We have eaten here from time to time over the years and the food varied from very good to mediocre. Consistency was the problem. No longer. Not only is the room beautiful and the service very good, but the food is consistently excellent. I highly recommend the fish. We had sauteed walleye pike over a medley of roasted Peruvian potatoes, asparagus and oyster mushrooms with a mustard sauce. The white fish also looked really good. The restaurant also offers a beautiful cheese tray, a great choice to accompany a glass of champagne. We will return with much more frequency and with our friends.