Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2019

I was supposed to stay Rootsyard Lodge for one night while returning from a trip through the Volta region, and I was quite disappointed. Despite reserving rooms weeks prior to my visit, the rooms did not appear to be well cleaned upon our arrival. There were many bugs on the walls and on the mattress, and substantial cobwebs still in the room. While the location and ambiance of Rootsyard was lovely, the cleanliness of the room was very questionable and it caused us to leave without staying the night as there were no alternative rooms that had been cleaned.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 5 March 2019 via mobile

Roots Yard is built around a giant mango tree. It offers simple accommodation, brilliant vegan cuisine and rural tranquility. I will treasure the memory of sitting under the tree at sunset, drinking a beer and listening to Bob Marley. Perfect chilling.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I visited Roots yard in Peki at the end of April, as I was coming to stay in Peki from London for a few days for my uncle's funeral (as I am half Ghanaian).
Firstly my sister visited Roots with my fiancé and they had nothing but good things to say about the place, the food and the vibes. So I made sure I would stop by with them.
Upon arriving with my fiancé and sister, I was immediately greeted and seated. The food was amazing!!! Sat down with the two owners and had a good talk with them about how they met and how they started the place etc.
The man is a very friendly ghanaian and his wife is British and weirdly enough is from now far from where I am in England.
After a few drinks, some good food and good conversations and meeting their kids (and kitten) I was left very happy.
A must for anyone in the area.
Unfortunately this time I couldn't get a room there but given how nice both the owners are I'm sure that would be a great experience also.
Thanks to both you guys and hopefully see you again soon.
Nathan

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We visited Roots Yard in July 2017 and we had such an amazing stay.
Bob and Jacqueline are really nice and open people. They took us up to the top of the mountain where they have a reforesting project. It was so peaceful.
They were also so helpful: they gave really nice directions for thing we could visit in the neighboorhood.
The accommodation was basic, but you had everything you needed. The shared bedroom was a little thight, but they are in the proces of building a new one... Don't worry you though, you rather wanna be outside under the massive mango tree. Try the outside shower aswell!
The food and drinks were really nice. It's a vegan place, but (as a meat eater) I did not miss meat and actually Jacqueline was so nice to share some recipes so I can make it at home (I was so impressed with here food). On the plus side they you veggies from there garden or locally grown in the village!
Every dish we ate, was so tasteful. Try the smoothies or a local drinks aswell! For breakfast: the mushrooms are to die for!
In total it was a really nice experience, I'm definitely coming back!
My advice: skip the big hotel chains and visit this place if wanna get in contact with the real life in Ghana!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely place, with lovely friendly hosts. You feel like you are part if the family. It's rustic and comfortable, and the food and drinks absolutely delicious. I have been twice, and will be returning often!

Date of stay: July 2016