“One of the top 10 seafood restaurants in Illinois!”

The Original Island Shrimp House
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Palos Park
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Visiting "family" and went here for dinner. Not a big place but so worth waiting for a table. Tim serves the BEST Jambalaya I have ever had and that includes trips to NOLA. Peel and eat shrimp generous in size and cooked to perfection. Cornbread that will make your mouth water just thinking about it. Will definitely return on my subsequent visits to Illinois. Tim...I'll call ahead next time to make sure you have plenty of Jambalaya so I can take some home with me

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

What a great Place. Excellence food ,Very convenient location. Good variety and on the menu .You can pick up phone orders

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Having friends who were just on the East Coast, and reminiscing about lobster rolls in Kennebunkt, we decided to look for a place around Chicago that might satisfy our needs. I must say the lobster rolls at the Original Island Shrimp House were as good as any we had in Maine, and better than some places. The owners were very nice, service was great. Highly recommended for their seafood.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Just tried this little place. We sampled a few things between the two of us. We loved the fries, good cole slaw accompanied our meals. Jumbo shrimp and scallops were both really good with a crisp breadcrumb coating. The clam strips were batter dipped... okay, not outstanding, but the sauce served with it was exceptionally tasty... honey habanero. Staffed/owned with extremely friendly and helpful service. Dan and Dimitri made sure we were happy. It is BYOB... might do that next time. Might need to consider offering some of the dished as baked or broiled for a few healthier options.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I usually go there once a week to get my calamari or shrimp. Nice portions you normally would order 1/2 pound or pound.