“A hidden gem!”

Panino's
Ranked #22 of 91 Restaurants in Park Ridge
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We just found this gem.Great Italian food in a casual place. Great service (Fred) yummy food, Perfectly cooked pasta, tasty sandwiches. We'll try their pizza on another trip

Reviewed 15 October 2015

This is a very friendly family owned restaurant serving good home made Italian food. There isn't a lot of seating, but I have always gotten seated within 10 mins. It is a BYOB although it sells wine and beer too. I usually eat in the restaurant but it also does a lot of pizza pickup business as well. It's a hidden gem in uptown Park Ridge. Give it a try.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

This Italian restaurant and pizzeria has been in Park Ridge for about 7 years. Tucked in an out of the way spot on Fairview. Very small, only about 10 tables, seats maybe 36? Three types of pizza - traditional (Chicago), New York and Napolese? Did not see or try a Napolese, but it sounds good. If you like burnt crusts, you'll like New York. We tried the Chicago traditional thin - with sausage, onion and green pepper. (we're in Chicago, right?) Sausage is homemade, and very good. Plenty of mozzarella, and a very good sauce. Would order again, and would also try the pan style and stuffed (deep dish).
Also had a new item, not on the menu yet. A bracciole (sorry for spelling error) was a special. Ground steak/sirloin, wrapped around a filling of some type, served with pasta in a tomato sauce. I know I am not doing this justice in the description, but it was delicious. Garlic cheese bread - lots of cheese and pretty good with a tomato dipping sauce. I heard the salad was good, although I did not have one. They need to bring in crumbled bleu cheese for the salads.
Many Italian dishes on the menu, literally something for everyone. Some homemade desserts (cannoli's, lemoncello cake thing, etc.) Wine and beer served, or you can bring your own wine. May be a cork fee, not sure.
Waiter Fred was excellent. Took the orders, paid attention to the table throughout dinner. Met the owner, and he gave us the background on the restaurant, food, locations. Nice place, very crowded on Friday night. Another great place to go when you can't make up your mind on where to go.
Had four glasses of wine, a 12" pizza, and an entrée. Bill with tax was $50. What a deal.

Reviewed 26 August 2015

Our youngest son and wife eat here once a week. Whenever we visit with them we ASK to go there. It's as close to a real Italian trattoria as I ever experienced in the states. It's like Cheers where everybody knows your names. Their bread/pizza crust is to die for. When I asked the waiter what made the color of the bread, he explained that real semolina flour is used in their breads/pizzas. This is authentic Italian food from Nonna's recipes. The burrata boat is wonderful. The pastas are equally good, but the real star is the variety of pizzas. Oh, and you can bring your own wine. Cheerful staff, outstanding food, the only negative is that it's a small space so get there early.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

You don't expect food like this from a small store front.
Whether you dine in or take out the quality of this food will surprise the daylights out of you.
Have yet to get anything I was not completely satisfied with. Their pizza is my favorite but there have got to be Chefs in the back not just cooks!

Been to Panino's? Share your experiences!