“Great pizza”
Review of Holt's

Reserve with OpenTable
Holt's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Park Ridge
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We went there with my daughter and her boyfriend before going to a concert in rosemont. The service was fast and friendly and the pizza was excellent. Try some of the special pizzas. There was a potatoe pizza that sounded strange but was very good as well as some standards. Good beer selection and full bar.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I've only been to Holt's once before and it was for drinks with a friend. It was last afternoon and the bartender did a good job making my Old Fashioned. So we thought we'd try it for dinner on Saturday after a movie. It was so crowded and noisy. It's more of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant in my opinion. We were seated at a communal table, which in theory I don't mind. But the 6 other people at the table were so noisy we couldn't even talk. I asked if there was anywhere better to sit and was told no, so we left and went to Houlihan's (which was really great as it turned out). So Holt's maybe is better earlier in the evening, not sure. But I doubt I'll return to find out.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Holt's is known for its specialty pizzas, but I found the mashed potato and bacon pizza very salty. The salads and sandwiches are good, but they do not wow. The service can be spotty, and the space is exceptionally noisy.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped by for a late lunch on Sunday and watched football at the bar. Even though we were there at 130pm it was busy. No wait but a constant flow of people until we left at 3pm.

We had a breakfast burrito and vegetable sandwich. The beer, wine and cocktail selections were really good. Regional selections beyond the national brands.

The food was really good.

The only drawback was they were understaffed at the bar and the poor bartender was ragged. One guy for 12 seats and all the drinks was too much for one person.

Fun place. Worth a try.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Very nice place with a cool selection of specialty pizzas. My server was nice.

Cheese curds were yummy with two tasty dipping sauces. Each gave a different taste to the curds. Very greasy though. I'd suggest draining them on a paper towel before putting them on the paper in the basket. Cause it seemed like they were dumped right onto the basket's paper. Probably to get them out to you fresh and hot as that's when curds are the best but I'd still take the 30 seconds to drain on paper towels and then transfer to the basket. Anyhow, a lot said fur a minor detail. :)~

The pizza I ordered sounded weird but was quite yummy fresh out of the oven. Olive oil, garlic, mozzarella, creamy mashed potatoes squirls and applewood bacon. I really picked it because I couldn't resist the idea of trying mashed potatoes on my pizza. And it did not disappoint. The combination was delicious! I didn't even mind it not having a red sauce. And I'm a big fan of pizza having tomato sauce. So good. With a bubbling crust. Again, good crust and not something I tend to eat on my pizzas but I tried to eat a good portion of the crust. But I had to save room for the pizza cause I wanted to eat as much as possible fresh. Didn't know if it would be as good as reheated leftovers.

So even the sofa was fresh and crisp. As if it came out of a bottle. I saw they had a nice beer selection and other drinks as well.

If I didn't just move out of Park Ridge, I'd go back frequently. I guess visiting the old hometown will have to do.

Been to Holt's? Share your experiences!