“Somewhat disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wonersh
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Grantley arms is a newly refurbished stunning community pub with a great range of beers and fresh food, where drinkers and eaters alike are looked after with the same friendly and professional service. We serve delicious freshly prepared food all day every day, with quality, seasonal, well sourced ingredients freshly prepared for great flavour. Great for a snack, business lunch or dinner with friends.
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had booked a table for two at 7pm three days after Christmas. On arrival the place was already pretty busy both in the bar and the restaurant. We were given a warm welcome by what turned out to be very attentive and pleasant staff. The menu, although not extensive, was what one would expect of a high end pub. The wine list was varied. My wife and I shared a meat platter which was good, as starter. Asking for gluten free bread was no problem. For the main course my wife chose the belly pork and I had a rib-eye steak (M/R). Unfortunately the pork was over-cooked and very dry around the outside and the steak was disappointingly of only average quality.

1  Thank DaveFK

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Large group of girls' Christmas party descended on the Grantley. From start to finish they were fantastic. Attentive service. Cheerful staff. We had the side room/barn which is stunning and looked beautiful for Christmas. We had to pre-order from the menu and all choices were correct, piping hot with HUGE portions. I'm gluten and dairy-free so rang them before to check what adaption I could have. Wow they were brilliant, chef agreed to buy me in a Xmas pud so I didn't miss out on traditional cheer. It was very busy so wonderful festive atmosphere (end November). Cannot rate this highly enough. I've also reviewed their sister pub The Onslow Arms which is equally fabulous. To the managers - whatever you're doing as a group of pubs, please continue!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent friendly pubs with good range of very good food. Excellent courtyard garden for drinks weather permitting

Reviewed 14 December 2017

We went with a large staff Christmas party and it was amazing. The quality of the food, portion size, attentiveness of staff, ambience. I can’t praise the experience enough.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We live locally and popped in on the off chance for dinner after a difficult day. Place was humming, great atmosphere and very welcoming staff. Good evening menu and food was very well presented. This was our second visit since The Grantley reopened after a refit. We were not disappointed.