“Superb Value at the Price Point”
Review of Sazani's Steak & Pasta House - CLOSED

Sazani's Steak & Pasta House
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

This was a group luncheon in a function room, so we did not experience table service and the full menu, though we did see the main serving area was attractive with well spaced tables. Acoustics make for a rather noisy ambiance, but a number of booths offer some privacy and easier conversation.

We served ourselves from a lunch buffet that was fresh and hot. Crisp greens for a simple salad, a choice of Italian-American style dishes and flavorful fried chicken. We did not get to try the cod as that tray was not replenished during our time at the buffet. Eggplant was tender in a marinara sauce, a simple penne pasta with a tasty creamed cheese sauce and what were billed as short ribs, but appeared to be a faux but tasty ground beef creation completed the buffet along with fresh, warm bread sticks, a prepared tomato, onion and cucumber salad and two tasty dessert selections.

The value for money was excellent at $8.99 each including coffee, tea or a soft drink.

The bottom line is the title of this review, superb value at the price point. A good place to feed a group at a reasonable cost.

Reviewed 2 December 2015 via mobile

For a place that doesn't seem to advertise in the major local media this is definitely a hidden gem. The shrimp scampi was very good and the walleye was outstanding! Others in our party had the eggplant parm which looked absolutely delicious. Service was swift and attentive without hovering. The host was very professional and helpful. Our waitress was first rate! Be sure and ask for Gina!

Reviewed 25 November 2015

For my bicycle club's annual dinner, we went to Sazani's this year. I have dined their two previous time with my ski club and the food was delicious. They catered to my club with a buffet style dinner consist of the best fried chicken I ever had, short ribs(which resemble more of meatloaf with bbq sauce), penne pasta, baked cod, mashed potatoes, eggplant parmeasan, salad and bread. Service was punctual as promised. Plus they accommodated our video/photo setup needs.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

Reservations at 645 waited for 2 hours and still did not have bread or salad. Waitress gone for an hour. Had to get our own drinks from the bar. Owners blamed waitress for everything. Waitress blamed owners. Some Ended up cancelling their food. Steak not fully cooked. Compensation of gift certificates offered..lol. We argued and we're giving 10 off total bill. Very poor service. Never will go back.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Sazani's is a decent place for dinner, although it is nothing special in my opinion. The restaurant is clean and well maintained but has a bit of a sterile ambiance. The service we received was good overall. My only (minor) complaint is that it took kind of a long time between receiving our soup and salad and having our entrees delivered to the table. I think it was about 30 minutes. My wife ordered the cream of broccoli soup with her meal, and it was quite good. I ordered a salad with mine and was disappointed. The salad consisted of plain iceberg lettuce with one small slice of cucumber and one small slice of a tomato. I have had some pretty cheap salads come with restaurant meals before, but this one is easily the weakest I have ever encountered. Our entrees were, again, good but not better than the typical meal served at most restaurants. My wife ordered the Mixed Grill. The steak was cooked just the way she ordered it and was good. The chicken and pork chop were both a little dry and just okay. I ordered the Italian Feast, which was about average. While the portion sizes were pretty large, especially considering the price, the menu description for my Italian Feast clearly states it comes with meatballs (plural), but it actually arrived with meatball (singular). The menu overall has more numerous options than most restaurants. It makes me wonder a little if there is a resultant "jack of all trades, master on none" effect when it comes to the food, i.e. they make a lot of stuff that's okay, but don't make anything that's great. With so many choices, though, it's likely that everyone in a group can find something they like. Overall, I would rate Sazani's higher than a fast food type place, such as Avanti's, but not as good as a better pasta restaurant, such as Basta's. All things considered, it's worth an occasional visit if for no other reason than to have something a little different, but it is not somewhere that I intend to visit regularly.