“No longer open changed owners”
Review of Sazani's Steak & Pasta House - CLOSED

Sazani's Steak & Pasta House
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

No longer open they changed owners back in late march or early April now they call it Sapphire's. The wait staff was good the wait time for the food was very bad. It was almost 2 hours on some of are food

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Sazani's is a really fine Italian steak and pasta house--the food is wonderful and the service is fantastic! PLUS this is a really cool location--it's at the site formerly occupied by the Chateau on the Lake in South Pekin, which cool location has remained empty for far too long since that place closed. The view is as nice as it ever was, the restaurant has been redone and is now a VERY cool 'Italian Villa' kind of place, and the food is GREAT! Very good Italian: The bruscetta ordered as an appetizer was perhaps the best we have EVER tasted, and we've dined in some mighty fine Italian places I can assure you! The steaks and seafood were perfectly cooked and simply succulent. The soups were very fine. My wife liked her potato, but I asked for and received a bit of pasta instead, and it was perhaps even better than the steak, hard though that is for a carnivore like me to admit. Even the COFFEE was excellent (no real surprise--Italians UNDERSTAND coffee--but not all such places bother!) and the desserts were really good too. The service could not be better--again, Italians pride themselves on good service but these guys totally exceeded our rather high expectations. We've eaten here several times, including their brunch (which was very fine) but our recent visit was our anniversary, and these guys didn't disappoint!

1  Thank George E
Reviewed 11 March 2016

Ate here one time. They had drink specials on the menu but did not honor the specials. They were on every menu he said that hadn't changed yet so i asked what the specials currently were he said we have none so they went from a special everyday to none cool. The food wasn't much better had pasta it was cold didn't taste very good I won't be going back.

1  Thank Brian5982
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Stopped in early on a Saturday evening. It was not busy but it was very early. We were seated promptly and the hostess took our drink order. Our server showed up shortly and explained the specials for the evening.

The breadsticks and oil with the cheese were fantastic! Warm and very tasty!

Because of the bread sticks we decided to skip the appetizer.
My wife had the Steak Cacciatore. Our server was new and really couldn't answer my wife's questions concerning it. She ordered it anyway. The presentation of the dish left a bit to be desired but the flavor was great!
I had the special ravioli lobster. I was thinking it would be lobster stuffed ravioli. It was not, it was just lobster in the sauce with the ravioli. This dish had great visual appeal and was excellent! The right amount of sauce and the ravioli were cooked perfect!

We shared a tiramisu. It had cinnamon on the top instead of the usual cocoa and that was an interesting twist but did not take away from this great dessert!

All in all a very nice, relaxed pace, very tasty dinner experience. We will be back!

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

I believe you can tell a lot about a restaurant by how they handle problems.
I booked a private room and hosted a holiday dinner for a group of about 30.
We had a few problems. Without hesitation the waiter (Frank) and the manager stepped in taking care of everything. No question. Just poof, taken care of.
My meal was WONDERFUL! The Fettuccine Alfredo is heavenly! Frank the waiter was delightful. I highly suggest requesting him when you go in.
I can't wait to go back.