“A Very Good Steak”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I decided to try the Lariat Steakhouse in spite of some of the reviews. Glad we did. We decided, we're in a steakhouse, let's have steak. We had the ribeye and it was perfectly prepared. The steak was so large, we ordered one and split it with an additional salad. It was plenty for the two of us although to be fair, we are not really big eaters, and we had an appetizer. Also, the meal comes with bread. The decor is somewhat dark, which is somewhat of a throw back to an old time steakhouse. The service was fine and we had no issues. It is a little pricey, but a good steak is not going to be cheap. This is not a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and some friends of ours ate here recently and in was an interesting experience. 1st the positive, delicious French onion soup, delicious homemade Roquefort dressing, bread and cinnamon butter. My steak was a decent and perfectly cooked cut of meet, but not "Cajun" as requested, could taste not hint of Cajun spices. That is a bold spice profile that if someone orders it, they want to taste it. My wife's steak was under cooked, ordered it medium and it came out rare.
The au gratin potatoes is where it got weird, something is wrong there. The had a terrible sour taste like the potatoes were bad or someone put too much vinegar or something in there that didn't below, one bite and spit it out, completely inedible.

Service was friendly, but a bit slow, appeared to be only two waitresses working, we saw the bartender and busboy bringing out food.

In short, with so many choices, it would be hard to recommend and return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Kind of dark decor, as it used to be way back when I lived here. Joann was our server and she was attentive but not in a "hovering" kind of way, filling our tea without being asked even putting her hand between the glass and me to prevent splashing. I commented to her that this was the way I was taught to refill glasses. This is something not done very often anymore!!! We came in for hubby's birthday and he wanted a steak. Unfortunately they don't serve steaks for lunch. He did order the pot roast with mashed potatoes & iced tea that he said was very good. I ordered the mushroom Swiss burger that came with chips which was good and filling. Hubby ate my chips and I ate some of his mixed vegetables that HIS meal came with. I asked Joann if there was anything they do for a birthday and she said no, not complimentary. I asked for chocolate cake and there was none. Still, for lunch we paid about the same as we do anywhere which was $24.00, excluding tip. We will probably return sometime for dinner. I do not "fake" review, never will.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

The food was incredibly expensive, one of the most expensive places in Peoria. The food was just okay. The steaks weren't seasoned and the lettuce was slightly brown due to age. For the money we paid, the food should have danced on my tongue!

1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Two gentlemen and I were having a business lunch on Friday May 20 at what used to be my favorite restaurant. There were 2-3 servers that I could see in or around the room, and
we had an older lady of Lebanese descent "wait" on us. I love Lebanese people but this one became difficult! She became upset when I asked her if they had lobster and stated that she did not have time for games and walked away. Later she told me to "Get a life" when I asked her if the soup was chicken or turkey since the sandwich was awesome turkey. Never again! There are very good restaurants with good food and nice servers!

2  Thank Gary S