“Forced to go due to a party!”
Review of Lariat Steakhouse

Lariat Steakhouse
Ranked #70 of 410 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I can't believe it! After a horrible experience five months ago at this restaurant I was forced to walk through Lariat's doors due to being a guest at a birthday party! I was expecting nothing great due to prior experience with food at this establishment, but I had the absolute worst prime rib I have ever had in my life! NO flavor at all !!!! The French onion soup was warm water with a few onions dropped in, the baked potato was not warm enough to make the butter melt! How in the heck does this place stay in business?

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Saturday night, early evening. Three of us had the ribeye, and one had the New York strip. Steaks were juicy, flavorful, & cooked correctly. We had au-gratin, baked, & french fried potatoes. All were good. My husband and I had lemon drop martinis and they were good also. Only negative was, we ordered potatoe skin appetizer, and they apparently burnt them, twice....lol....So, we just canceled them and saved our appetites for main course. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My wife and I decided to try the Lariat Steakhouse in spite of some of the reviews. Glad we did. We decided, we're in a steakhouse, let's have steak. We had the ribeye and it was perfectly prepared. The steak was so large, we ordered one and split it with an additional salad. It was plenty for the two of us although to be fair, we are not really big eaters, and we had an appetizer. Also, the meal comes with bread. The decor is somewhat dark, which is somewhat of a throw back to an old time steakhouse. The service was fine and we had no issues. It is a little pricey, but a good steak is not going to be cheap. This is not a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and some friends of ours ate here recently and in was an interesting experience. 1st the positive, delicious French onion soup, delicious homemade Roquefort dressing, bread and cinnamon butter. My steak was a decent and perfectly cooked cut of meet, but not "Cajun" as requested, could taste not hint of Cajun spices. That is a bold spice profile that if someone orders it, they want to taste it. My wife's steak was under cooked, ordered it medium and it came out rare.
The au gratin potatoes is where it got weird, something is wrong there. The had a terrible sour taste like the potatoes were bad or someone put too much vinegar or something in there that didn't below, one bite and spit it out, completely inedible.

Service was friendly, but a bit slow, appeared to be only two waitresses working, we saw the bartender and busboy bringing out food.

In short, with so many choices, it would be hard to recommend and return.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Kind of dark decor, as it used to be way back when I lived here. Joann was our server and she was attentive but not in a "hovering" kind of way, filling our tea without being asked even putting her hand between the glass and me to prevent splashing. I commented to her that this was the way I was taught to refill glasses. This is something not done very often anymore!!! We came in for hubby's birthday and he wanted a steak. Unfortunately they don't serve steaks for lunch. He did order the pot roast with mashed potatoes & iced tea that he said was very good. I ordered the mushroom Swiss burger that came with chips which was good and filling. Hubby ate my chips and I ate some of his mixed vegetables that HIS meal came with. I asked Joann if there was anything they do for a birthday and she said no, not complimentary. I asked for chocolate cake and there was none. Still, for lunch we paid about the same as we do anywhere which was $24.00, excluding tip. We will probably return sometime for dinner. I do not "fake" review, never will.