“Not What It Used To Be”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018

My fiance and I decided to try to have a late lunch here a while back. This restaurant used to be "the bomb" back in the day. We were seated quickly however, I noted a faint scent of mold or mildew where we were seated. The lighting was very poor, even though it was early afternoon. We went ahead and ordered our food. Our waitress was good enough however, the food wasn't nearly as good as it was back in the day. Sorry to say that this place has passed its prime. The overpowering scent of mildew will make us choose another steakhouse.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We went on New Years Eve and had a great experience. We were looking for a nice, quiet place for dinner. The Lariat was just what we were looking for. We all ordered steak. My Top Sirloin was cooked just the way I ordered it and so tender! My husband had the large Prime Rib and it was juicy and tasty as well. Our friends ordered New York Strip & Prime Rib. All were excellent. Homemade dressings for the salads were delicious! Our server was knowledgeable & friendly. Wine was excellent. Overall a very nice dinner. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Mr. Khouri- my review is honest. Service was good and helpful. Tonight, our waitress informed us that you decided to comp our total dinner due to the poorest quality. Potato skins came out burnt the first time. We sent them back. When they came returned, the new ones were cold in the middle. French onion was good. Wife's beef/noodle soup was luke warm and was very thick. Steaks were not cooked to our specs and were very tough.

The Lariat Club has ALWAYS had a excellent reputation for being yes, a top Peoria steakhouse. In the 70's, 80's and early 90's your place 'was' (the) place to go when our parents went out. My wife and I were first time diners at Lariat tonight; and we are in our 40's. We expected much more. Where has the passion gone? We were told that the new chef thought there was nothing wrong with our food when obviously, it was. When I asked our waitress politely for him to make an appearance at the table to stand by his food; our poor waitress made excuses for him. He never came. You never came. But, to your credit, our whole bill was comped. So, thank you.

We would love to give you and your restaurant a second chance; but, please, by God, re-brand the Lariat with a 21st century relevance and give that new so-called 'chef' his walking papers; he is ripping you off and not standing by his work.

The Lariat Club has always been known for the upper-class mystique with high standards which, in its day,made the prices acceptable. As first time guests going off the reputation; we were very disappointed. Please turn this place around and make it shine again. We want to give you another chance.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

We decided, as a group, to go to the Lariat because we all remembered it as a great place to dine. OOPs, something appears to have changed. Nice renovation, but the food and service had dropped to below average. There was a lot of 'looks' exchanged throughout the meal, like, whose idea was this, but everyone was polite enough to not to say anything until later.
Found the addition of a 20% gratuity added to the check outrageous given the quality of the food and service. No one chose to mention the addition; if it was on the menu, we all missed it.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I can't believe it! After a horrible experience five months ago at this restaurant I was forced to walk through Lariat's doors due to being a guest at a birthday party! I was expecting nothing great due to prior experience with food at this establishment, but I had the absolute worst prime rib I have ever had in my life! NO flavor at all !!!! The French onion soup was warm water with a few onions dropped in, the baked potato was not warm enough to make the butter melt! How in the heck does this place stay in business?