“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Overpriced for below average food. Very disappointing. Ribeye steak was on tough side and warm when it arrived.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Too many people have forgotten about the little steakhouse on Glen Avenue in Central Peoria, Illinois. It was remodeled a few years back and is quite a bit bigger but still has all the charm of the old West and the service and food you expect from a local restaurant. The steaks are still served in the traditional manner, on a sizzling platter and they are certainly one of the stars of this great restaurant. They also excel in their seafood with a nice selection and great preparation. And they have several chicken, pasta and even a nice comfort food side of the menu. Along with that is a full bar with a large wine list and you will not be disappointed. The service is outstanding and the atmosphere is very inviting. When you enter you are in a large bar with wide screen televisions and then off to the right is a large two-section dining area, one with a nice stone fireplace. The ceiling is all American a with treated wood and logs with very decorative tiffany ceiling lights. You are promptly met by your server and that is followed by a server's helper with iced water and butter. Once your order is taken first is the salad, and it's a large portion and very fresh. The house dressing is amazing, it's a creamy garlic and they also have a very nice citrus vinaigrette along with the normal list. You are served a warm loaf of bread with a honey butter which is another star of the meal. On the particular night I want alone I ordered the Filet Mignon, and it was amazing, one of the best I have ever had. It's wrapped in bacon to sear in the steak flavor and was cooked to my choice of Medium Rare and was as perfect as it could be. You have potato and vegetable options, some with a small upcharge. I cannot stress enough and suggest that the next time you want a steak, and a good one go to the Lariat Club on Glen. And a simple reminder they do some private parties quite often so the parking lot may look full but there's plenty of room in the dining room. With great food and outstanding service you cannot go wrong. And it's locally owned which is always a big plus.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

My fiance and I decided to try to have a late lunch here a while back. This restaurant used to be "the bomb" back in the day. We were seated quickly however, I noted a faint scent of mold or mildew where we were seated. The lighting was very poor, even though it was early afternoon. We went ahead and ordered our food. Our waitress was good enough however, the food wasn't nearly as good as it was back in the day. Sorry to say that this place has passed its prime. The overpowering scent of mildew will make us choose another steakhouse.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We went on New Years Eve and had a great experience. We were looking for a nice, quiet place for dinner. The Lariat was just what we were looking for. We all ordered steak. My Top Sirloin was cooked just the way I ordered it and so tender! My husband had the large Prime Rib and it was juicy and tasty as well. Our friends ordered New York Strip & Prime Rib. All were excellent. Homemade dressings for the salads were delicious! Our server was knowledgeable & friendly. Wine was excellent. Overall a very nice dinner. It’s a bit pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Mr. Khouri- my review is honest. Service was good and helpful. Tonight, our waitress informed us that you decided to comp our total dinner due to the poorest quality. Potato skins came out burnt the first time. We sent them back. When they came returned, the new ones were cold in the middle. French onion was good. Wife's beef/noodle soup was luke warm and was very thick. Steaks were not cooked to our specs and were very tough.

The Lariat Club has ALWAYS had a excellent reputation for being yes, a top Peoria steakhouse. In the 70's, 80's and early 90's your place 'was' (the) place to go when our parents went out. My wife and I were first time diners at Lariat tonight; and we are in our 40's. We expected much more. Where has the passion gone? We were told that the new chef thought there was nothing wrong with our food when obviously, it was. When I asked our waitress politely for him to make an appearance at the table to stand by his food; our poor waitress made excuses for him. He never came. You never came. But, to your credit, our whole bill was comped. So, thank you.

We would love to give you and your restaurant a second chance; but, please, by God, re-brand the Lariat with a 21st century relevance and give that new so-called 'chef' his walking papers; he is ripping you off and not standing by his work.

The Lariat Club has always been known for the upper-class mystique with high standards which, in its day,made the prices acceptable. As first time guests going off the reputation; we were very disappointed. Please turn this place around and make it shine again. We want to give you another chance.