Mark Twain Hotel
US$95
US$93
US$51
Average 3/5
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$109
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsboutique hotelomeletfree drinksdrink ticketswafflesillinois riverview of the riverpedestal sinkdowntown peoriaon site restaurantironing boardin townbreakfast was includedfree shuttlethe shuttle driverwould definitely stay here againsausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This place is a hidden gem in Peoria. They always try to use locally sourced items, from the mattresses to the coffee and many other things. Nice little library in the lounge. Restaurant on the main floor is very good. From lunch to nice steaks and seafood for dinner. Very solid all around.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2018

A HIGH-RISE BOUTIQUE HOTEL?
Though not that large, our little splurge for an 8th floor corner king room at the Mark Twain certainly fit the bill as a “boutique hotel room”. If you define a boutique hotel as a small historic inn that is privately owned, adjust your expectations for this property. This was a higher-end and High Rise version of a Howard Johnson’s Motor Lodge when it was originally built. Though she shows her age in areas, it is clear that more recent owners have spent money on the building. Only the Mark Twain Library and the Two25 Restaurant down on the first floor have that “Manor House” boutique look. Upstairs is decidedly more modern, not necessarily a bad thing.

BEST VIEWS
Probably the best waterfront view in Peoria! From the little office nook one window faced south on Adams toward the Caterpillar Headquarters building. The large double window faced directly toward the Illinois River and Bridge. Nice to be able to enjoy the view and a glass of wine from a comfortable leather chair.

ROOM AND AMENITIES
Perfectly clean and nicely furnished, they clearly had some designer help. The mahogany modular unit on one side of the room seemed almost too large for the scale of our King room, since one whole section was devoted to holding two small white vases. The bed was firm and quite comfortable to me. White linens were top notch and clean.

Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom. Seattle’s Best coffee in the room and downstairs in the lobby – again much appreciated. Very nice sound bar under the flat screen that allowed you to tune into to some nice music without the blare of the TV or clock radio. I loved the prints of old hotel post cards which were located throughout the hotel.

Breakfast vouchers were much appreciated. This is a nice full breakfast in every way. Omelets are cooked to order on request. Though the bar opens at 4:30pm, due to a recent management decision, bar vouchers for happy hour are no longer provided. Smokers will find outpost a few steps away from the front and back doors.

PARKING AND SERVICE
On-site parking was free and plentiful. No problem at all. We caught an early flight and we found the distance to the airport very reasonable for a short drive and a rental car return. Several good restaurants and bars along the waterfront are within walking distance. We recommend Blue Duck for the wings and Asian tacos if you are not up to the Two25 splurge.

The front desk staff were very efficient and business like, though I would describe them as overly warm. We couldn’t quite get the room phone to work to call the front desk for a wake-up call, but I guess we are among the few who still do this in the age of smart phones.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on the 8th and 9th floors offer sweeping views.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2018

I booked this hotel for a new by event the price seemed very reasonable compared to the rest of the market and was near the event. Had trouble with the website so I did it old school by calling in the reservation which was flawless. I arrived around 7 PM and entered the hotel and had to wait in line to get checked in. It wasn't so many people it was the slowness of the clerk. When I finally got to the desk she asked me if I wanted city side view of rive view well of course I asked for river and she then discovered she didn't have any. Think I would know that before disappointing a customer. Got to the room and threw my stuff in and ran to restaurant - Excellent spot on place I will review it separately. Back to the room and the TV won't work. Clerk came up and couldn't get it to work either so they changed my room. The event was starting quite early so I retired around 9 PM. In la la land when suddenly the phone rings - Your taxi is here - Great I didn't order a taxi and she says something about having the wrong room Sorry and I am back trying to get back to sleep. Bedding nice amenities adequate coffee in the room tasted horrible. In the morning I checked out and was asked how the stay was and I feedback the 9:30 PM awakening and there was no sorry no nothing just a hmmmm. Free parking btw

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Rooms very nice and spacious. Beautiful lobby. The omelets are amazing. The staff were strangers when we checked-in and our new friends when we checked-out. Lots of fun things to do nearby. We will be back to our home away from home again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I will say they have excellent customer service. As for the hotel itself, it was a let down. After driving 6 hours we arrived and upon first look of the exterior, I was wondering if I made a mistake booking here. We gave it a chance and checked in, got up to our room, and were less than impressed. As others have said, it feels very run down. Our TV was broken, the bed was extremely stiff, and the bathroom seemed very dingy/dirty (we had an "updated" renovated room too). Not to mention the sink didn't even drain. After laying in the bed for about 30 minutes, even though it was near 2:00am, we decided to call over to the Marriott to see if they had anything available. Luckily they did, we talked to the front desk at Mark Twain and told them our issues and asked if we could check out. They offered to give us a new room but we opted to just leave. They were very polite and gave us a refund, thankfully, as we had booked the room for two nights.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple