“Good solid breakfast”

Plainfield's Delight
Ranked #29 of 116 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

This is a diner type restaurant. It opens at 6:30, no free WiFi. The service is quick and efficient. The coffee is ok. The eggs Benedict was pretty good although the Canadian bacon was a bit chewy. The hash browns were good. Altogether a good place for breakfast.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been here twice now. We accidentally found this place while getting the car serviced. The food here was definitely eatable with a generous serving size. Staff and host were courteous and attentive. There are booths and tables that can fit my 6'3" frame comfortably.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I have dined at the Plainfield Delight before on other occasions. I was so pleasantly surprised on October 10th, (my birthday) when my waitstaff presented me with a delicious slice of chocolate cake bearing a single lit candle! I mentioned in passing that it was my birthday.
The service and food is good! The restaurant is only eleven minutes from my home.
I definitely recommend it to others.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

It's a classic Chicago Greek coffee shop with the requisite huge menu. Friendly staff, good and plentiful food. We love their omelettes and scramblers. They have a very good senior menu. Try the Mediterranean wrap. Great for families. Enjoy!

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Recently realized this is a great place to have a pre workday breakfast. Get up a little earlier and bring your spouse or co-worker to warm up your day the right way! I've been coming here since opening. It's simply a great place for an any time breakfast, morning or night. Affordable, large portions, fast and great service. The food quality is fresh and they use few processed foods. Good home cooked meals. The orange juice is squeezed fresh on site. The coffee is good. Hot syrup in a proper syrup pourer. Go ahead, be picky here. They will make your dish to your liking. Real blueberries inside your pancakes, extra crispy bacon or hashbrowns, eggs a specific way, no problem. They don't even bat an eye when you ask for steak sauce for your eggs. They are fast here but no need to rush, they are patient to take your order when you're ready. Take your time, browse thier extensive menu. Because you will be back to try another dish.