“Great Mexican food!”

Monica's Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

This is truly a gem! My favorite hole in the wall place in Chicago! Great food, terrific prices and the service is awesome! The waitressing staff has a little trouble speaking fluent English but it lends the place a bit of an Mexican authenticity!

1  Thank Surya (Prakash) R

Reviewed 1 October 2015

This modest and unassuming restaurant deserves all the praises of previous reviews and then some more on top. It is the type of atmosphere of welsome we would love to find in international travels and are fortunate to find right here. We certainly plan to be back during our stay here. It is the best value we found for miles.

2  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 7 July 2015

A good slection on the menue, the food was very good, and the service was great. Everyone was very friendly, overall a good experince.

2  Thank jralp01
Reviewed 1 July 2015

Very friendly staff and quick service. Very clean,. Huge menu-breakfast omelet (excellent), dinner plates, fish, chicken, steak burritos, tacos, etc. Guacamole was not too spicy-very fresh. Prices very reasonable, The shopping center is a little off putting, but ignore this, as this is a great place and food very authentic.

1  Thank pkkchicago
Reviewed 13 June 2015 via mobile

I'm from NYC and knew I was in the mood for something with taste. I walked from my hotel to this strip mall and saw this place in the back area of the strip mall. Looked up the reviews and is was on the plus side, but as usual, you can't please everyone. I'm one of the people they pleased. Pleased very much. I love it hot and spicy and not to the point that it's just fire without taste. This had spice, taste and flavor. I had a fish dish that was excellent. It was fresh and more than a generous portion. I will definitely be back before I head back to NY.

2  Thank NYC-KN