“Great Experience ”

Price range: US$7 - US$19
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We were there on Saturday, and did not know that we needed reservations, so we sat at the bar. We were amazed by the server, how good, fast, and friendly she was. In spite of the place being busy, and sitting at the bar, it was not too loud, and we felt cozy enough to enjoy our dinner. I had gluten free chicken, and it was delicious, my husband enjoyed his burger, and prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner reservations before an event at BMO Center. First time at Octane. Service was perfect, drinks were very good and fast. I had the Ricci Ricardo, I would recommend it. For me, the right amount of food. My wife had the grilled pear salad, that was a very pleasant surprise. Huge flavor and a decent size for the cost. She also had the small plate of Mac n' Cheese and that was also very good. Nice location to the BMO Center and priced right. Neat decor, a bit retro. It filled up fast, I would recommend reservations.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We visited Octane when we were seeing a concert at the Coronado Center, which is just up at the street.

We just wanted dessert (the Chocolate Nachos - which were delicious) and a couple of drinks. All the tables were full, so we sat at the bar. Friendly staff and moderately priced food & drinks. The mains I observed looked nice, and everyone seemed to be having a great night.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We came here before a recent Ice Hogs game and were lucky to get a table without a reservation. The drinks were good and service was very good as well. The waitress was great with giving us food suggestions. The menu was varied and there are enough choices for anyone with just about any food/dietary restrictions. The portions are generous as well. Food is soured locally when possible. I had the blue cheese burger and it was very good. Had a bite of the atomic burger and it had a kick but was delicious.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

I had a late lunch at Octane after it was recommended by a client. The menu was pretty expansive and had a good range of seemingly flavorful dishes. I ordered the Twisted Mac n' Cheese, which comes with chicken, along with an almond creme soda. The drink was really good - if you like creme soda, you'll very likely enjoy this one. It wasn't too sweet but had a really nice flavor. At the same time, I'm not sure why a drink with regular liquid and ice cubes in it would have whipped cream and shaved almonds over the top.

The mac and cheese tasted really nicely. At the same time, the portion size was small for the price and the chicken was rather lacking. The total chicken exposure would have been the volumetric equivalent of my thumb, thinly sliced. My expectation by price would have been a dish that was about 25% larger for the 'full plate' size and with 2.5x as much chicken. That being said, the pasta was cooked perfectly and the seasonings were very nice. The cheese sauce was a bit thin, but the dish came together nicely on a flavor side.

I will likely return here, although it seems that the expectation will be a smaller amount of food for the price, which is why my value rating is lower than the food taste.

Service was very pleasant and helpful.