“The best hospitality and experience I've had in the last 10 years.”

Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I've been travelling for work for the last 10 years and I have stayed at this hotel 2 times a year on average and lasting approximately a month long. Every time is better than the time before. Over the years, I have gotten to know the staff very well and have gotten along with them splendidly. Because of that, I always have special requests when reserving a room and they do their best to accommodate me. Usually, I get what I want, but not always and I respect them more for at least trying. My current stay is lasting for over 5 months now and I still cannot find anything to reasonably complain about. My stay is/has been one of the best yet. I'll never stay anywhere else than Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90 when I come to Rockford. Plus, I love cooking my own food. I can't think of another hotel that has a kitchen for you to cook in. In my opinion, this is a must stay at hotel!!

P.S. I haven't found a better room rate for the room value anywhere else.

Room Tip: Every room is equal in size and quietness; except for the suites, but you will pay for it!!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Tim, thank you for making Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90 your home away from home once again. We are delighted to know you are overwhelmed not only with your well-appointed room and our outstanding hospitality but also with the great value we offer. We appreciate you recommending us online, and please enjoy the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here numerous times over the years and have always received the room I requested and every room is clean and there's never usually any trouble at all at this facility. Including all the Necessities needed to stay for more than one day and how clean they keep it and how low the rate still stay I believe this is one of the best choices in this area.I've never had issues. Fast quick and respectful staff as well!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Jordan, it was our pleasure having you as our guest at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90. It's great to read you enjoyed your stay and our facilities and service were to your satisfaction. We look forward to sharing your positive feedback with our team. Please visit with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I am in Rockford IL at least once, sometimes twice yearly. I have stayed with Extended Stay Rockford on Clark Dr since approximately 2005. It's a great location and good value. Rooms have always been clean upon check in. The few times I have needed maintenance in the room the response was always almost immediate.

I have always worked the nightshift and here is where the problem is. Hotel management seems to forget that some of their guests work overnight and are entitled to the same service of room cleaning as clients who are traditional day shift workers.

My 2017 stay was for 20 days and I only received room cleaning because I had to remind hotel front desk staff. Room cleaning should be provided at least twice per week, I only received once per week.

Over the years there were a couple of times that this hotel became "party headquarters" for some local youngsters but it seemed hotel management addressed that in a quick fashion within 48 hours. However I do know that the night was ruined for some guests and the problem should have been addressed immediately that night.

The hotel has an large excellent laundry facility that is always clean which always helps during an extended stay.

The breakfast bar is limited to coffee, instant oatmeal, granola bars and muffins. There are many dining options on nearby State St.

Yes I would stay here again, and I hope they get the room service for night shift workers under control - it's not that difficult.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the exit. Exit doors tend to slam hard and could potentially ruin your sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I am writing this review in the middle of the night because I cannot sleep due to my head, neck, and back aching. The small bed came with two of the smallest and hardest pillows possible. There are no alternate or additional pillows for the two of us. We found the drawers to be dirty as we searched looking for more and better pillows. Bed is small also.

When we arrived we thought the door was open and someone might be in the room. Turns out they left the light on (a nice attempt for a nice touch); however, there was just a larger opening with the way the door fit in the frame. It is fortunate that there have been no loud guests passing by in the hallway.

Upon arrival earlier tonight (after going to the other Extended Stay which you drive past on the corner of Clark) and saw the sign indicating the attendant was out in the property. I was headed to the door to dial 0 per the sign. She was sitting around the corner all the while apparently as she got up after hearing me sigh. She did suggest dinner at the Tavern on Clark, which is two doors down. That was wonderful and the redeeming part of the stay.

FYI--there is no ice bucket and machine. There are two ice trays in the freezer. These were empty and upside down. This is not too helpful when you want ice after arriving. Also, there is no in-room coffee. Although, I anticipate I can go downstairs in awhile and get some at the lobby breakfast. I am going to need some as I continue our drive this morning.

I am hoping I am able to get a better night's sleep in the next hotel we stay it after our drive to Indiana tonight.

Stayed one night 11/17 in Room 208

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2016

very clean hotel and quiet, you don't hear the cars on I-90.More then I expected for the price I paid for my 5 days stay.Near everything (restaurants, malls, stores etc.)Staff very friendly. With a kinchenette but you have to ask the front desk for plates and all.I would definatly stay ther again and I recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank steverock_9
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rockford - I-90, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read you received more for the affordable price you paid and that our location was convenient. It is also good to know that you would stay with us again. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.