“Unique Take on Asian food!”
Review of 8000 Miles

8000 Miles
Reserve with OpenTable
8000 Miles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 47 Restaurants in Roselle
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Dined here a couple nights ago and had a wonderful experience! We were in the mood for some small plate Asian food. We saw this restaurant had sushi and Chinese, so we thought we would give it a try!

The food was wonderful! We tried the pot stickers, crab rangoon, calamari, and sushi. Everything was above average quality and flavor! I highly recommend the scallop sushi! It was perfectly textured and flavored, definitely of a higher quality than many sushi places. The food was served in a timely manner and was tasty as well as filling. We also really enjoyed their in-house made ginger ale!

Our waitress was attentive and kind! She was great for recommendations and very sweet!

This would be a good spot for people looking for gluten free food options. The menu does feature a gluten free section. Probably not an easy place for vegetarians and vegans. However, there are some vegetarian rolls on the sushi menu. There are a variety of menu options for most anyone. The menu seemed to offer traditional Chinese and Japanese options as well as fusion dishes and non-traditional dishes. I look forward to trying more of these in the future!

The decor is cozy and modern. It was perfect for a couple's night out. It might also make a nice place to grab food and drinks with friends. The bar appeared to be well stocked and their cocktail selection was unique as well!

The price is a bit on the higher side, but the food is of great quality! The sushi portions are standard and the appetizers are perfect for sharing.

I highly recommend this spot for anyone in the northwest burbs looking for something different for Asian food!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We visited for a business luncheon after the recommendations of co-workers. Personally, I thought the food was average and the service was slow. While the manager rectified all complaints, I would not return due to the prices relative to the food being average. Not my favorite.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Very good food, interesting new flavors, love the pot stickers and the wonton soup. Not crazy about Miso soup, too bland and too wired. Love the Pad Thai, my son have several different sushi combinations and the Mongolian Beef is out of this world. Little Pricey! Drinks, Mai Tais are good but not in the "generous" category. tried different Saki's very good.

Reviewed 2 June 2016

It was a beautiful weekend - and I wanted to go somewhere with outdoor seating... so my husband and I decided to try 8000 Miles, since we'd wanted to for awhile.

We arrived, and walked in through the front door... stood a few feet from the host(ess) stand waiting for acknowledgement while at least 4 employees chatted - none of which looked at us. (I should've left at that point) When we were finally acknowledged, we were told it was a 30 minute wait to sit outside... I reluctantly decided we'd just eat inside.... we were hungry!!

We were seated, and handed menus. I went to open mine, and it was STUCK TOGETHER with sauce from someone's food... it was disgusting. There was barely anyone in the restaurant - and the time chit-chatting at the host(ess) stand could've been used to clean the menus!

No one came back, so I went up and asked if I could have a menu that wasn't stuck together... and got one.

Shortly after I returned with my clean menu, our waitress came to see if we wanted drinks. My husband ordered a beer, and I asked if they had my favorite beer.... nope. She wanted to offer something similar in a craft beer, but doesn't drink my favorite beer - so couldn't make a comparison - which is understandable, and no big deal - I don't care much for craft beers anyway....but that's another story. So, I asked what light beers they had. One. They offered ONE light beer. Not even one that I like... so, I told her I'd have to think about it while we looked at the menu.

When she left, I told my husband we needed to leave after he finished his beer. I should've told him we should leave the instant we weren't properly acknowledged upon arrival.

The waitress came back to take our order, and I informed her that we were leaving once he finished his beer.... I felt bad, because it wasn't her fault - but it was just an awful experience.

We paid the bill, and my husband left her a few dollars tip - which she didn't want to take, and gave back to us.... we left them anyway when we left... Hopefully the girl will get a job at a better establishment.

Very disappointed.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Ate here for lunch with a colleague for the first time. I had the lobster roll which was pretty good. He enjoyed his noodle dish too. The clientele is all American, no Japanese/Chinese people eating here. If you're looking for American style Asian food, this is your place. Overall, everything was very good and we would go back. It's a modern, open style restaurant with good service and tasty food.