“Battle of the French Toast”
Review of Alexanders Cafe

Alexanders Cafe
Ranked #26 of 191 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Creme brûlée French Toast is Amazing. Creme brûlée oatmeal is a close second. Combined with fresh squeezed orange juice, Alexander's is a clear winner. If you go for lunch, don't skip the Greek Chicken Avgolemono soup on the weekends. I usually get a quart to go. Love, love, love the service.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Went for lunch. HAd the best salad I have ever had! Service was great, restaurant was clean, etc. Would love to go back here. GREAT food!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We've been there several times and have never been disappointed. The Swedish crepes are great, the corned beef and hash was tasty. My kids love the pancakes with the cinnamon butter and the waffles with chocolate chips. I get the mocha frappuccino every time I'm there and it's on par with Starbucks, only served in a cute mason jar. Coffee is ok and my son loves their smoothies. The pricing is reasonable - more than IHOP, but not so much as to deter me from going back as often as I can. I would recommend Alexander's to anyone who's looking for a good meal with friendly service.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Our family recently tried this restaurant and we were glad we did. First impression- wait time was not too bad on a Sunday morning, clean, newly remodeled and upscale look. Once we were seated, the staff was very friendly and attentive. The menu choices were unique and had their own twists. Overall food was delicious, staff was friendly and atmosphere was bright. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

My mother and sister live in St. Charles and I visit from Dallas every other month. When I visit (usually 3-4 days at a time), we go out to breakfast every day. Alexanders hasn't been open very long but they are a great addition to our breakfast restaurant rotation!

I really like the interior decorations, the large fire place; the contemporary arbors over the booths, etc. So much so that I've even taken pictures of the arbors to possibly imitiate in my yard.

The food is consistently good too. They try to take an updated spin on their dishes and it works. Portion sizes are very generous as well. Perhaps slightly more expensive than Colonial Café or Corfu's (the other 2 restaurants in our breakfast rotation) but worth it. Staff and service is ALWAYS GOOD.