Hotel Baker
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super 8 St. Charles(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Geneva Motel Inn(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Courtyard Chicago St. Charles(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
Pheasant Run Resort(Saint Charles)
View Hotel
All reviewshistoric hotelcity grillrainbow rollriver viewdance floorwedding ceremonybygone eraadorable hotelfrench doorsamazing historywonderful townanniversary weekendhot tubbreakfast was includedroom tempstayed here for one nightfox valley
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This hotel does have charm. There is a nice bar and the river view rooms have a nice view. However, the rooms are not really updated. There is a flat screen tv and tile in the bathroom but old carpet and furnishings. Rooms are also quite small. The price tag on the rooms are pretty high too. However, it is a perfect location to walk the downtown of St. Charles and I always wanted to stay here so we tried it!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the river view!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenrockford
HBRepresentative, Manager at Hotel Baker, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

We are sorry you were disapponted and thought our rooms were outdated. We have been undergoing a renovation of guest rooms and suites for the past year or two - done in phases as the property is privately owned. We hope you are able to return and enjoy the guest rooms and suites with updated beddings, drapery, flooring and flat screen televisions. Thank you for your feedback - we look forward to having you visit us again!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Loved the historic Baker Hotel. It was very cozy and the staff all very friendly and helpful especially Georgeanne. The only issue was the very soft bed that needs a new mattress.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Baker on the 4th of July. They really have a great package that includes viewing the fireworks from their riverfront patio. It was our first stay and we were very pleased. The room was clean, spacious, and had so much character. The only real complaint was that they did not have a server or bar on the patio so we had to go into the restaurant bar to get our own drinks. Also, they did not have valet parking that day. The parking structure is only 1 block or so away, but it was brutally hot and we would have preferred valet parking.

Room Tip: Riverfront views are beautiful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie P
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I had a business trip and when I asked a friend about place to go and not to go she insisted I stay at the Hotel Baker even if it made my commute a bit longer. She was right on the money! This historic hotel was a fantastic place to stay.

The town area around the hotel was very nice as well. I ate in a different pub or establishement every night I was there and I don't recall a single bad meal at any of the locations.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed at Hotel Baker for 7 days while in St. Charles regarding my profession.

A great surprise is in store for anyone who selects Hotel Baker. Its like stepping back in time of the Grand Hotels - but a smaller version but warm and elegant. First class front desk folks, friendly and efficient bellmen, housekeepers are perfect. The bartenders are two of the best I've ever found. A "perfect" martini is hard to beat. And, the restaurant is 5 stars in my opinion -- huge bone-in rib eye or rack of lamb all served in updated surroundings with an antique feel. Very unique.

You will not be disappointed at the Hotel Baker.

The small hotel opened in 1928

Room Tip: Any room will be perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business