“Pleasant surprise from a small "Mom and Pop" Chineese Resaturant in Schaumburg.”
Review of China House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China House
Ranked #118 of 343 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I ordered Beef and Pepper with white rice, requested it with onion and "spicy hot". This selection was ordered from a long list of Special Value meals price at $7.00 or less. I ordered an optional egg roll along with Hot and Sour soup (which made my mouth very, very happy.) Kudos on the excellent H/S soup of which I took home a 2x take out at $4 . The meal was tasty and served piping HOT. Service was fast, almost to fast ; this restaurant is primarily take out so they are used to fast order turnovers. The seating area is small, maybe 6-7 tables , nothing fancy and unpretentious in appearance. In this Mom and Pop shop operation , Pop is the chef and Mom the hostess, waitress and was most accommodating to our requests. The location is obscure as it sits behind a local sports bar. We were pleased enough with our first visit and meal that we will visit the China House Restaurant in Schaumburg again soon.