“Good Pub Food”
Review of Lucky Monk

Lucky Monk
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky Monk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Barrington Road and Route 90
Description: When you name your restaurant after Trappist monks who've spent centuries perfecting their craft, you're serious about your beer. That's why we hired a master to craft our house brews, and why our beer list spans the globe. With everything from refreshing pilsners that match the lightness of our thin-crust pizza to dark, rich ales that stand up to our decadent burgers, you're certain to find a new favorite at The Lucky Monk. We're sure that our Prime beef burgers -- served with hand-cut fries -- will be the juiciest you've ever had. Our other house specialty, pizza, is crisp and generously topped with fresh ingredients. And we round out our menu with vibrant, flavorful salads; a handful of classic, satisfying American entrées; and some sweet surprises. Whether you're settling in at our bar or relaxing with your friends and family in our comfortable dining room, our delicious food and drink and warm welcome are sure to elevate your soul.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with cousins there and liked the smoked pork sandwich and burgers also
Came with fries or for $3 more the sweet potato fries
Tried the chili also excellent
Food and service was up to oar

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Ate here for lunch, the chicken salad was good, the cheese curds were not, the bisque was extreemly salty.7 my burger was over cooked.... price was a bit steep for the quality of the food, I was not impressed ..I would give it one more try just to be fair , it may have just been that moment in time.... but I would suggest some more oversight in the kitchen.

Date of visit: February 2018
LuckyMonk1, Manager at Lucky Monk, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Robert -

We appreciate your feedback on your recent visit to The Lucky Monk.

We always strive to meet our guest's expectations and it seems as if we fell short of those expectations on this visit.

If you could reach out to myself here at the restaurant (847) 898 - 0500, I would like to speak to you about your experience in person so we can meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Nathan Mundhenke
AGM

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Was in the area on business and stopped in for dinner. Sat at the bar and ended up talking with two different couples who were regulars from the area. Large space with several sections. The brewery's brew tanks are visible behind a glass wall in the bar area. Nice atmosphere. Nice variety on the menu. Will definitely return on future visits to the area.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Simply delicious. Get the appetizer sampler. Cheese curds & truffle fries are amazing! Haven’t had anything bad there.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I had a great burger at the Lucky Monk despite the fact they did not cook it the way I asked. My dinner companions had the same result. Two of us asked for medium cooked burger. They both came out medium rare. The other person asked for a medium rare it was closer to medium. The burgers were still great. Waiters kinda a little attitude. Still , I will go again. The regular fries were bland.

Date of visit: March 2018