Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
US$76
US$35
View deal
Trip.comUS$76
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Destinia.com
All reviews the pub meal deal usual standard restaurant next door lovely location good nights sleep family room the ground floor plenty of parking reception staff family wedding main building comfy bed lovely food stayed here for nights night stay short drive
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2020

Stayed last night for leisure with my partner.
Great room and friendly staff.
The IT issues referred to in another recent review had settled - obviously not their fault at all.
The view from our room over the surrounding fields was lovely - the hotel's location is idea for a "get away from it all" night away.
Our evening meal in the pub next door was excellent and great staff.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 12 December 2020

I arrived to find I could check in but they could not issue me with a room key. If I needed to leave my room reception would have to let me back in again. This was crazy. Apparently it was a national Premier Inn problem that had affected all P/ Inns nationally. Sort it out Premier Inn - it is completely unacceptable. The receptionist said it had happened all WEEK - what a shambles and just goes to show how Premier Inns have lost their way.

My room was absolutely freezing. They provided a heater when I complained. But the heater was noisy and the room just felt cold without it on so I asked for a new room. It was at this point the receptionist (a different one from the one who gave me the heater) checked the fuse box and got it working.

The internet was again poor. A recurring theme in Premier inns these days (now Virgin run it.) I think they want you to pay £5 for the fast version.

There was no reception on either of my 02 or Vodafone mobiles so I had to put up with substandard wifi

The bed was OK but the mattress was worn and didn't feel like the usual standard.

Overall a disappointment and not a great sleep either

Room tip: make sure the heating works before you accept the room
Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2020

Stayed here for 2 nights as going to a funeral in Shrewsbury. Very friendly staff, when I requested things like extra pillows and towels they were bought to the room immediately. Excellent staff and food in the adjoining Bridgewater Arms pub. Thank you.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank richardy738
Reviewed 1 November 2020

It proved to be a very comfortable ambient environment in a very good location for travelling around. We really enjoyed the meals and service that was even more appreciated as the work was done well under Covid 19 restrictions. Two events highlighted the "above and beyond" care and service we experienced, eg.:

1. We went to the room allocated to us that proved to be in the grround floor of the annex facing the car park. We noted that the upper rear rooms faced out onto a great pastoral setting. Margaret went to the reception and just mentioned this in passing to Vicky the member of staff on duty, and she went out of her way to obtain permission for us to move, as well as put in extra work because of honouring Covid 19 regulations to help us move up to what proved to be an excellent room. We applaud Vicky's graciousness and kindness to us - well done Vicky, we thank god for you.

2. Our daughter and her family came to share the day with us as they did, with the intention of going home after having dinner with us in the hotel. The main lights on their car failed so they could not drive home in the dark. We went to reception and mentioned this to Jason, asking if there was any way that they could stay at "no notice". Compassionately seeing the needs of the family, especially their two little girls, he proceeded to advice them of the best way to book online whilst he made a family room serviceable for habitation from scratch. Our family had a blessed stay and joined us for breakfast. How is that for EXCELLENT service - well done Vicky and Jason, and the whole PTI HH team and a BIG thank you. Eternal and prayerful Regards/ Bill & Margaret Saunders :) :) Psalm 145

Room tip: Just smile and ask the staff-they are primed to help at this venue....
Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 30 October 2020

Had a warm welcome from Vicki who checked us in and booked meals at pub next door. Hotel felt safe with ample hand sanitising stations, table service for dinner and breakfast and masks expected to be worn (rightly) other than at table. Room was clean and no housekeeping during our stay but able to get coffee etc from reception. Jason was able to help when I got stuck with WIFI - thank you.
Wem is a little town not far away and is worth a visit - real sense of community and Italian restaurant "Like Mama Used to Make" recommended.
The location is peaceful. Our room was on the back with a lovely view over the countryside and sheep as you would expect on the Welsh border.
A lovely location, friendly staff throughout - recommended.

Date of stay: October 2020