“Oh you gotta stay here!”
Review of Jay's Inn

Jay's Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vandalia
Jay's Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Vandalia
Grabill, Indiana
“Oh you gotta stay here!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Driving late in the night, atleast 3 hours behind schedule I came to the conclusion I needed to stop for a place to sleep. I saw two hotels right off the highway. The first one had 3 cars, Jay's had several. I called and got a great rate. The lady working the overnight shift was my first impression of this hotel. She was like an angel to my weary mind. Check in was simple, just fill out the card.She even offered to help me get the kids inside the room. We walked into a very clean, older styled room. Beds are not the most comfy I have slept in, but after driving and needing a good night's sleep they felt pretty great. They have really fast internet, fridge, microwave and several tv channels to choose from, including Disney. We loved the simple, cozy, vintage feel of the place. If you want a clean, friendly no bells and whistles type place to lay your head, you gotta stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank mkokies

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alexandria
Reviewed 2 May 2011

This is a clean, quiet hotel with a friendly staff that welcomes pets with no pet fee.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank TravellingRetiree04
Columbus, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 November 2010

very friendly and helpful! price was excellent! i would recommend to anyone.

Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank st0negr0und
Troy, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Stayed here for two days while my boyfriend and I were homeless, and the lady was very nice. She even attempted to find us an apartment by contacting some of her friends. The rooms themselves were very nice for the money, having a fridge and microwave. We got the two bed room, and I don't know if it was because one appeared to not have been slept in to the maid, but one of the beds had a weird brown stain on it. Besides that, the shower was AMAZING, with a really nice shower head. The room was large and comfortable, and they offered free internet which was nice for us. I would most definitly stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brittany65
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 26 November 2009

I've stayed here several times and consider it one of the best independent motels going. Always clean with everything necessary and then some. And excellent value, too.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank Denny G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vandalia
2.7 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Greenville
31.3 km away
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Altamont, IL

Been to Jay's Inn? Share your experiences!