“Not bad”

Add it.
Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 150 Restaurants in Waukegan
Reviewed 11 December 2015

We've been here a few times over the years. When this was the only Mexican food in town it was OK but now Waukegan is the Hispanic capital of Lake County. So..... There is a Mexican eatery on every corner..
Pepe's seems to have generic Mexican food, and there are much better authentic restaurants around.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

I just ate at Pepes for dinner. I got the chicken fajitas and a margarita. Both were excellent. The chips and salsa, hands down best I have ever had. The place is very clean, cute and cozy. Service was good. Overall I enjoyed my visit and will be back. Oh I got the fried ice cream that was delicious too.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Nice place but a little hidden.....I had Chicken Fajitas that were hands down some of the best I've ever eaten. The Margarita was excellent, not too sweet, not too sour. My wife had Chicken Tostadas and really liked the cheese melted on them. Definitely a return visit.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

Food is still great, interior hasn't changed or been updated in 20+ years and could use updating. Parking isn't terribly convenient in the winter especially.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

We have been here in the past and the food was pretty good. This time, despite good services, the food was really bland. My enchiladas had no flavor to them (to say anything of spices) and my husband felt the same way about his combo. All three tings in the combo tasted the same and that was not very good. Probably won't go back.