“Some good Mexican food here!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 152 Restaurants in Waukegan
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Loved the ambiance and food at Pepe's!

Wide variety at a very reasonable price.. Tamales, Chile Relleno and Enchiladas-with cheese is good.

Recommended place for sure!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

was craving chile relenos and went local.. was completely satisfied, from the wait staff thru the margaritas.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We've been here a few times over the years. When this was the only Mexican food in town it was OK but now Waukegan is the Hispanic capital of Lake County. So..... There is a Mexican eatery on every corner..
Pepe's seems to have generic Mexican food, and there are much better authentic restaurants around.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

I just ate at Pepes for dinner. I got the chicken fajitas and a margarita. Both were excellent. The chips and salsa, hands down best I have ever had. The place is very clean, cute and cozy. Service was good. Overall I enjoyed my visit and will be back. Oh I got the fried ice cream that was delicious too.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Nice place but a little hidden.....I had Chicken Fajitas that were hands down some of the best I've ever eaten. The Margarita was excellent, not too sweet, not too sour. My wife had Chicken Tostadas and really liked the cheese melted on them. Definitely a return visit.