“Awful”
Review of The Beach Cafe Bar

The Beach Cafe Bar
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I came for breakfast with my mother and 5 year old son. When we arrived and there were a few tables in however it took ages for anyone to come and serve us. We all ordered the Crispy Bacon and pancakes. Very disappointing, there was no explanation on the menu as how they would be served, they arrived after a very long wait as two soggy crepe style pancakes rolled with 3 rashers of bacon and a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. We left hungry and felt like we had waisted a morning and a lot of money as none of us had enjoyed it. We are local and it's such a shame as we tested it out in preparation for summer walks to the beach. We will be avoiding this place. I also feel that perhaps you need to work on being family friendly, Colours and colouring sheets/ Serving the children first and interacting with them.

1  Thank Laura R

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came here today for a light lunch and were very impressed with the newly renovated cafe/restaurant. Very modern inside - We had tea for 3 and tea cakes. Menu looked nice so will try meals next time.
Excellent ambiance and beautiful sea views
Will be even better in summer as there was a lovely outdoor area ! I would book because we were lucky to get a table as hey had many reserved tables !

Will be back soon!

1  Thank Alana W
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Our first visit for afternoon tea was excellent however when I returned with my daughter for tea and cake late one Saturday the greeting from the young female was awful. Before sitting down she SHOUTED over we are not doing food. The cafe wasn’t due to close for over an hour and we only wanted a cup of tea and a cake. I should have left as the place was empty and the atmosphere dreadful as this female obviously did not want to be there. Have not been back since.

3  Thank kfa1
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Nice venue recently updated. Food good. Staff helpful and friendly. Nice place to meet friends for a coffee and cake, you don't feel obliged to have a meal.

2  Thank Veronica B
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Well me & my wife have been coming to the Beach Cafe for some time now.
It never fails to please from the moment you step foot into the place to the moment you leave.
Received I lovely welcome & taken to our table where we were ask what drinks we would like, we the ordered the full English breakfast which never lets you down & is just what you need before having a lovely stroll along the beach to see all the seals on Angel Bay.
The breakfast came with lovely thick pieces of bacon, fresh butchers sausage, lovely runny eggs served with some nice fresh thick toast.
We liked it that much we’ve booked ourselves & my parents in for Sunday dinner next week as they were fully booked this Sunday!!
Highly recommended!!!
Thanks to everyone at the Beach Cafe Bar your all doing a sterling job!!!

1  Thank Seahorse1980