“Best special occasion restaurant we have found in the suburbs”
Review of Vie

Vie
Reserve with OpenTable
Vie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Vie, named after the French word for life, offers seasonal, contemporary American cuisine inspired by Western European cultures and rustic fare. Chef and owner Paul Virant focuses on year-round seasonal eating with a menu featuring housemade pickles and preserves. Locally grown, artisan ingredients from Midwestern family farms are showcased. The restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Really the only special occasion restaurant we have found to be worthwhile. We ended up here during restaurant week entirely by mistake and it was still hands down the best meal we have found in the western suburbs. Service, pacing, food - all excellent. Easily 5-stars.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We celebrated my birthday here with our son and daughter in law, and it truly felt like a celebration. My husband can be overwhelmed by the elaborate descriptions of ingredients and preparations, but he enjoys delicious food, so we opted for the five course tasting menu. Our waitress was engaging as well as extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and service was attentive. We enjoyed every course, from the beautiful presentation to the creative combinations of seasonal flavors. The wine parings were a wonderful accompaniment. We agreed that we all want to return to enjoy a new seasonal menu..

Reviewed 3 February 2018

What a treat, from the service, drinks, food and personal visit from Paul Virant the owner/ executive chef. This place was a winner from the start. The service was excellent as they payed attention to every detail, offered suggestions when we asked but never rushed us. The drinks were outstanding, as a matter of fact I will say they served the best manhattan I have ever had. (Ordered perfect with Blanton's bourbon)
I started with the slow roasted pork, smoked apple, dill pickles with crispy potatoes (Fantastic) followed by course #2 which was the split pea soup, giardiniera and ham hock. Delicious! #3 I enjoyed the braised chuck roast Wellington, puff pastry with mushrooms and other goodies. (Tender with incredible flavors)
The final course was a carrot cake donut with cream cheese frosting ice cream, preserved blood orange chambers rosewood vineyards muscat, Ruthergien.
(Again it was delicious and so full of flavor)
The four of us were already loving the evening when Paul Virant (Owner/ Executive Chef/ Michelin Star Award Winner) came to our table to see how we enjoyed the meal. He ended up talking with us for 10 minutes and made the dinner even more special.
I cannot say enough about the experience, we will be back!
Thank you Paul for taking the time to visit with us, we have traveled to a lot of very nice restaurants and have never had such an experience.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Always a great dinner. Vie does not disappoint. Great wine selection also. Pricey but worth it! The specials are always different and tasty. Great place for a couples night out!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This past Mother's Day, I took my mom to this restaurant, as it's namesake "Vie" was how her mother, Violet, abbreviated her name. With a restaurant named as such, it was hard to resist stopping by! The restaurant itself is very nice and the staff were absolutely incredible! The bread that they serve is quite good! We ordered rabbit as an appetizer, and I personally found it delicious. The burgers were a bit of a disappointment, as they were, supposedly, one of the best burgers in the suburbs, but they weren't terrible. The dessert at the end made it all worth it, as it was utterly scrumptious! I definitely recommend this restaurant for a nicer dinner or lunch, and for sure recommend getting rabbit as a starter (as unusual as that sounds, it truly is good!) and get ice cream for dessert! It seriously is very, very good!