“Seafood Restaurant with that French American Creole and Cajun Flare of Inspiration”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 108 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great Seafood Restaurant with that New Orleans Creole and Cajun Inspired theme. It has been a while since I have been to Pappadeaux. More than a decade to be exact since I last dined in. They closed the location in Arlington Heights,IL that i used to go. Anyways went here for Easter Sunday to treat my parents and it still is excellent. I had a British server named Carlos who had served my table with my parents. Quality of the seafood was delicious. I had the Atlantic Salmon 7 oz with green beans and my parents ordered the Atlantic Branzino (or Mediterranean Sea Bass). The Salmon I ordered was great but after having a sample of the Atlantic Branzino I liked it and how it was cooked in white wine and char broiled!. The appetizers I had was Fried Calamari and it was "OK". It was not Bad. The Andalusian Seafood gumbo was tastefully spicy and delicious just like it should be in New Orleans. I would come here again. Reason only 4 stars was that despite the food being great and reserving my time 3 weeks in advanced for Easter and we even got a seat early. I did not like that I was placed in a half booth half table setting. On top of that the location we sat was tight and the waiter had the nerve to tell us to move the table closer to me which was uncomfortable. I had no leg room and felt I was confined like sardines in a can. I also did not like that the waiter mentioned that the portions we're big. well not to me. Other than that would come here again but will now know portions are best to order bigger if you are a person with a hearty appetite. I spent all in all $129 with tip for 3 people for anyone going out as group on getting a ball park on what one is spending and treating unless you go Dutch and pay separately.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Let me start off by stating that the food and drinks are great here. The service is usually awesome. A group of 20 visit this location the same time every year for 13 years to celebrate a friends birthday. We always enjoy ourselves and spend A LOT of money on food and drinks. We usually spend 2-3 hours waiting at the bar for a table for our large group. Today I ordered 1 drink at the bar. Once seated, we ordered appetizers and drinks. A few of us received our drinks, but I never received my drink and a couple of the others at our table had not either. I let the waitress know. Shortly after a woman, who I later found out was named Hannah and identified herself as a manager showed up at our table. I heard her having a conversation with one of my friends, but could not hear all of the conversation due to the loud conversations all around us and the music playing. Once she walked away my other friend, who had been drinking water all night as she was one of our designated drivers, told me that our half of the table was cut off from alcohol. I was quite surprised, as no one was belligerent or out of hand & I only had one drink prior to being seated. Same friend went back to kindly let the manager know that I had only 1 drink. Hannah stated very rudely that she did not have to explain herself. I was forced to walk to the bar and order my 2nd drink of the night. I was very confused as to what was transpiring because at this point I had not been told anything personally by the server or manager as to why I had not received the drink I ordered. When Hannah came back to our table, I asked her why I was cut off? She said I explained to you guys that I used my discretion. I told her that she had not told me anything. I told her I had 1 drink and was denied a second. She told others at our table that there was a 3 drink limit per person. I never got an explanation or apology as to why I was not personally served. I have never been treated with such rudeness and we will now find a new place that will appreciate our business.

1  Thank Gina C
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I was at Papadeaux for dinner. The wait line was terribly long. I had been told that they take no reservations for dinner. After finally getting seated I ordered. The waiter was very nice but overwhelmed as all the servers appeared due to be so crowded (and outside seating wasn't in effect yet). I had the Giant Shrimp and Grits. When the meal arrived it was very delicious and ample. I gave it a very good rating due to the food. The line for seating was as long as when I arrived. It's extremely loud inside as well.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Every time we go out to eat for a special occasion (MY B DAY) or date night me and my wife we go to Pappadeaux. This place is Fabulous. Great environment, nice music with live band and out of this world Jumbo Shrimp Brochette. I for some odd reason I always start off with the Shrimp Brochette over a bed of dirty rice. You know what just talking about this place is making me hungry for the Pappadeaux Platter right now. I will stop now go enjoy a night out with someone very special not just anyone lol.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stopped for dinner one evening - wait was 1 1/2 hours. Came back few days later for lunch, was not disappointed. I had the Fried Shrimp w/ fries and my mom had a Shrimp PoBoy with a cup of Seafood gumbo. Seafood was fresh and perfectly prepared, very tasty. Dessert tray had unbelievable selection - we opted for the Praline Cheesecake and Key Lime Pie.....slice portion HUGE and so, so good.
Will definitely return.