“Roast duck heaven....”

Cuisines: Czech, Eastern European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2015 via mobile

There used to be dozens of great Czech restaurants in Chicago, Cicero, Berwyn, etc, but the numbers have dwindled. Bohemian Crystal keeps the tradition alive. We now live in mid -north Indiana, but it's still worth the 3 1/2 hour drive for a sausage pizza from Home Run Inn and roast duck here.
We've come here for decades and have always been satisfied (in quality and quantity ).
If it's your 1st time, consider the platters for a great sampling, but make sure someone at the table gets a 1/2 roast duck (you can get a 1/4 duck, but the leftovers are also tasty). The tenderloin and smoked butt are also strong contenders, along with dumplings and sweet and sour cabbage.
Skip salad and get the soup, especially if they have pea or goulash. The soups are excellent eastern European fare and unless your babi (grandma) is still around , you're unlikely to have access to this type of treat.
Finally, don't miss the kolacky for dessert (you can buy extra to take home, which you'll probably be wishing the next day ).
Enjoy this mini European trip in your own backyard.
NAZDAR

Reviewed 4 November 2015

Everything was good and plentiful. The potato dumplings were similar to the ones my husband's dad used to make. Yummy! Average prices were about $13.95 for a large meal.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

Our waitress for lunch today was so grumpy and had no interest in her job.
The waitress is a part of the dining experience. This young blonde waitress put a damper on my lunch with my parents. Never checked back to see if we needed more hot water for our Tea, Mom's coffee was cold. The food was just ok, the mashed potatoes were fake and I don't care for that, how long does it take to mash some real potatoes?? The gravy was tasteless. We will go back to the Restaurants in Berwyn for real Bohemian Food.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Step into Bohemia, authentic décor and exceptional service complement the outstanding food. Beef noodle and liver dumpling soup, potato pancakes, roast turkey, roast pork, roast duck, bread dumplings, apple strudel and all the trimmings. Very reasonable priced, and portions so large there's another meal to take home. I highly recommend this restaurant, have loved it for years.

1  Thank jklein5184
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed my visit to this restaurant. The decor was beautiful, very clean and neat. I felt like I was in Europe. Their lunch menu was delicious and the portions were huge. Price was very reasonable. The staff was very friendly.