“Good sandwiches”

Shane's Deli
Ranked #27 of 144 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This is not a fancy restaurant and you have to stand in line to order your food. However, they have a wide variety of sandwiches, and some soups and salads. Our BLTs were delicious and inexpensive. We would definitely have lunch there again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Shane's Deli in the heart of Wheaton is an especially good choice in the middle of summer, tho delicious sandwiches are available year round. There is inside and outside seating; sandwiches are made in short order and there are exceptional choices of breads, meats and cheeses. It's a popular place for good reason.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

I visited Shane's Deli yesterday for lunch. The Reuben, again, was excellent. In fact, it is top notch. But the problem with Shane's is that they don't take cleanliness seriously. And this is a problem. How the health department allows this place to exist in this condition is beyond me--perhaps it is their Reuben sandwich. But this is flat out ridiculous. This time when I was throwing my trash away, I happened to notice how dirty the trash can is. In fact, it was so filthy that I almost didn't want to throw my trash away. This simply is inexcusable. Bust out the soap and water and clean this dive. You've got great potential, but if the front end of this restaurant looks this way, then what does the place look like in the back?

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Definitely a decent place for a quick lunch or dinner. I had the Ruben and it was pretty good, however the cheese wasn't melted well, it was rather dry and slightly "off" (the meat was fine, it just was missing something).

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

This is a great sandwich shop, except for the fact that the place is filthy. The door leading into the back room has not been washed since about 1950. The door into the refrigerator has never been cleaned, probably ever. How they can make such good food and not clean anything is beyond me. You would think that the health department would shut them down. The Reuben is excellent for under $7. But please, hire someone to clean something in this restaurant and charge me $.50 more. For goodness sake, are you not embarrassed by your filthy restaurant? Apparently not. That's too bad.